Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-22-2011, 05:37 AM

5,036 posts, read 5,148,418 times

Advertisements

I'm close to signing to get the work done. Getting the water guard system, sump pump, and Sanidry dehumidifier. I wanted to have them do more work like wall accessories to get me closer to finishing the basement, but I can't afford much more than their basic stuff right now.

Do any of you have this? Satisfied? Hows the sanidry been working for you?

Has anyone finished their basement themselves after getting the water guard system installed?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2011, 05:41 AM

21,669 posts, read 31,330,023 times
My sister did. They had BS install the water guard system and then hired a contractor to shell out the basement after. They were very impressed with their work, even though it was a little pricey.

To this day, no water.

Old 04-22-2011, 05:58 AM

5,036 posts, read 5,148,418 times
Id like to do as much of the remaining work, towards actually finishing the basement, myself. Any idea what material she used for the walls? I'm glad she is pleased and how I will be. The only thing that worries me is that the sump drain will drain in the yard only 15 feet from the house which is the typical distance from what the guy told me. That seems to close in the event of a reoccurance of the flooding we had when all the snow melted this year.

Do you know if she got the dehumidifier too?

Old 04-22-2011, 06:48 AM

21,669 posts, read 31,330,023 times
They have Thermaldry on the walls with the foil face so heat can be directed back into the room so it doesn't get absorbed into the cool concrete. If your walls are going to be sheetrocked after studded then I'd probably recommend that over Brightwall (though I'm far from an expert). Edit to add: They also got Thermaldry flooring (expensive).

They did get a dehumidifier. They might have gotten the whole house dehumidifier onto the existing HVAC system. I'll have to shoot her a text and double check. Edit to add: They did get the Sanidry system - it works fantastic and took the musty basement smell out.

15 feet sounds a little close, but I'm not sure how your yard slopes. I know with mine, it's a good 60 feet out but our yard slopes a little as our neighbors to the right sit about 4 feet lower than us.

Last edited by kidyankee764; 04-22-2011 at 06:57 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut