Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Consumer Electronics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2021, 01:18 PM

5,947 posts, read 5,472,223 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by akrausz View Post
I checked again today on amazon.com/photos and all my photos still shows in low resolution. Doesn't matter if I use a Chromebook or a Windows 11 laptop. I was not able to find a setting to fix the problem on amazon.com/photos. But the correct resolution is there, because when I edit a photo with either laptop it loads the higher resolution. I have to edit each photo just to see if it is in focus. So a significant seam for me. Of course that's just my personal experience so far.
I use it differently and it's a little more complicated.

I take photos with a DSLR camera and my cell phone which has both Google Photos and Amazon Photos on it. I have both automatically backup to the cloud. I don't edit the photos on my phone. I have Amazon Photos for the Desktop, automatically synching the photos I have there to the Amazon cloud. I do not have the same thing with google photos. The free storage on google is not enough for all of my pictures. It's enough for the ones I take with my cell phone but I have way more than that. I backup to external drives anyway for safe keeping. I would never put all of my eggs in one basket or just on the cloud. I need a physical copy of them on my own devices.

Anyway, I only edit photos on my desktop. Since it is automatically synched with Amazon and it is set to use original quality, I never edit them on the cloud, only from hard drive. I also use my photos as a screen saver on my PC and on my firestick which is nice. I also have Amazon photos installed on my firestick so you can manually go in an view photos individually or as a slideshow.

I did say it was complicated didn't I?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2021, 03:26 PM

37,594 posts, read 45,972,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by akrausz View Post
W
One of the best features of cellphones is if you take a picture with an Android phone, it automatically gets backed up to the cloud. Then you don't have to do anything for it to appear on your industry-standard Android tablet, as Google Photos does this seamlessly in the background. Same with Apple products. If your pictures are from a regular camera, then you have to work a little harder to get them safely stored, backed up and on your tablet.
I have never used the cloud to store my pics. It certainly is NOT automatic.

Old 12-20-2021, 06:26 PM

1,097 posts, read 644,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
I have never used the cloud to store my pics. It certainly is NOT automatic.
You log in, download the Google Photos app and take a picture. Couldn't be more automatic for me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Consumer Electronics