Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Consumer Electronics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-07-2022, 03:31 PM

1,342 posts, read 2,010,634 times

Advertisements

Hi, I am interested in purchasing Wyze V3 Outdoor Cameras just for my backyard in order to identify what creature is damaging my lawn.

That being said, I am interested in this Wyze camera but it says it is not wireless, yet every video I see on the internet on how to install shows that the only thing that is plugged in is the base. These videos depict the actual cameras s running on batteries ( with a 3-4 month battery life, I understand that )

What I want is a security camera that I can set up outside without having a wire plugged into the actual camera . Can someone with the Wyze V3 outdoor camera (s) help me

Thank you all in advance
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2022, 07:27 AM

16,559 posts, read 19,748,805 times
https://www.homedepot.com/p/Ring-Cer...WEN0/317856370

Old 02-08-2022, 08:25 AM

5,947 posts, read 5,494,222 times
The issue is not the connectivity, it's the power. You need a power source unless you use batteries, solar or rechargeable.

Trail cameras may be an option. There are many in different price ranges. The majority are battery powered, the cheaper ones do stills, the more expensive ones do video. They are typically used on trails to capture photos of wildlife.

If you have a power source close to where you want the camera, that would work.

Do you just want/need just one camera? Do you want to monitor it from your phone or computer?

Old 02-08-2022, 08:37 AM

7,328 posts, read 12,366,689 times
We have the Wyze V3 but use them indoors. Outdoors we have two different models - the Zmodo 1080p and the eufyCam 2C, the latter being completely wireless.

Old 02-08-2022, 08:38 AM

2,457 posts, read 3,224,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sithlord72 View Post
Hi, I am interested in purchasing Wyze V3 Outdoor Cameras just for my backyard in order to identify what creature is damaging my lawn.

That being said, I am interested in this Wyze camera but it says it is not wireless, yet every video I see on the internet on how to install shows that the only thing that is plugged in is the base. These videos depict the actual cameras s running on batteries ( with a 3-4 month battery life, I understand that )

What I want is a security camera that I can set up outside without having a wire plugged into the actual camera . Can someone with the Wyze V3 outdoor camera (s) help me

Thank you all in advance
You are conflating two different products. Wyze sells an outdoor camera and also the V3 camera. The outdoor camera is battery powered. The V3 is powered by USB.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Consumer Electronics