Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Consumer Electronics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-10-2022, 08:36 PM

798 posts, read 506,015 times

Advertisements

I had one from Anker and it worked great, but now I am getting static interference.
I bought 2 others recently from Amazon, same issue right out of the box! I returned them both.

This is to connect a cell phone to car AUX to listen to my phone music app in the car.

TIA
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2022, 08:55 PM

23,645 posts, read 70,618,274 times
?

More likely a connector issue. Buy a can of spray contact cleaner for electronics, spray it on the male tips and immediately insert into the female connectors. You can spray contact spray directly into a female connector, but I generally avoid that if possible.

Old 02-10-2022, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry chickpea View Post
?

More likely a connector issue. Buy a can of spray contact cleaner for electronics, spray it on the male tips and immediately insert into the female connectors. You can spray contact spray directly into a female connector, but I generally avoid that if possible.
These are MALE/MALE no female. So you think the holes are dirty? My cell phone is 4 years old.

What about canned air?

Old 02-11-2022, 07:49 AM

5,947 posts, read 5,509,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redflag71 View Post
I had one from Anker and it worked great, but now I am getting static interference.
I bought 2 others recently from Amazon, same issue right out of the box! I returned them both.

This is to connect a cell phone to car AUX to listen to my phone music app in the car.

TIA
It's likely the AUX connector itself. I had the same issue and replaced it, was not difficult.

It's common with the constant connecting and disconnecting, pulling it and moving it.

Mine was in the console, I think I bought it off Amazon.

I would replace the connector and switch to using bluetooth. Add an adapter like this one. You get into the car and can have it automatically connect. The adapter needs power from a 12v lighter receptacle and a USB adapter or you can get a rechargeable unit. Using a cable can get cumbersome, I know I used to do it like that.

You automatically add handsfree functionality as well with one of these. You can make and answer calls while driving by simply pressing the button. You hear the caller over the car speakers and use the mic on the unit for your voice. This is all standard for newer cars, not so much for older ones.

https://www.amazon.com/BK01-Bluetoot...dp/B01MSUWCZ0/

Old 02-11-2022, 08:03 AM

16,580 posts, read 19,788,610 times
Try one of these: https://www.amazon.com/Upgraded-Blue...ps%2C73&sr=8-4
No more cables.

I used something similar in my previous car. Worked great.

Old 02-11-2022, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine View Post
Try one of these: https://www.amazon.com/Upgraded-Blue...ps%2C73&sr=8-4
No more cables.

I used something similar in my previous car. Worked great.

I just ordered one

Old 02-12-2022, 10:20 AM

5,947 posts, read 5,509,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redflag71 View Post
I just ordered one
Just so you know, that is a rechargeable unit. It claims a 16 hour battery life. You will have to recharge it on a regular basis. The one I recommended costs a bit more but is powered by your 12v lighter receptacle. It powers on as soon as you turn on your car, no need to recharge anything.

I still think it's the port. The fact that the brand new cables from Amazon did not work ought to tell you something. What are the chances of that? If it's faulty you will continue to have the same problem, I guess you will find out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Consumer Electronics