Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Consumer Electronics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2022, 06:54 PM

5,455 posts, read 3,384,154 times

Advertisements

To start with, something turned off my system protection so I don't have any restore points to recover.
How'd that happen? Maybe Win updates?

2 days ago the troubleshooter identified that my Onkyo driver had to be reinstalled. Did that and it worked fine playing my on-line music through my laptop's bluetooth. Today my laptop won't connect with my Onkyo so I disconnected it from my device list and tried to rediscover it. It's not listed on available device list.

I spend more time trying to fix problems like this. I am sure you think the same. I have to look high and low for fixes and forums. Today I have spent 5 hours looking. So that's why I decided to ask those who know. City-Data.

I don't want to reset my PC because I just got through re-downloading all the apps I wanted on my new laptop after the last reset I did.

Another thing. I downloaded Win 11 but it isn't designed with drag and drop. I need that for my research projects. So I uninstalled it. Maybe it did not uninstall without doing damage. Who knows.

Ready for your help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2022, 06:59 AM

1,097 posts, read 644,377 times
Uninstalling Win 11 certainly may mess some things up for some and work fine for others. Did it work with Win 11?

Old 02-14-2022, 07:46 AM

16,546 posts, read 19,685,380 times
Unplg and replug the Onkyo and try to pair it again?

Old 02-14-2022, 07:49 PM

20,292 posts, read 37,171,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitty61 View Post
To start with, something turned off my system protection so I don't have any restore points to recover.
How'd that happen? Maybe Win updates?

2 days ago the troubleshooter identified that my Onkyo driver had to be reinstalled. Did that and it worked fine playing my on-line music through my laptop's bluetooth. Today my laptop won't connect with my Onkyo so I disconnected it from my device list and tried to rediscover it. It's not listed on available device list.

I spend more time trying to fix problems like this. I am sure you think the same. I have to look high and low for fixes and forums. Today I have spent 5 hours looking. So that's why I decided to ask those who know. City-Data.

I don't want to reset my PC because I just got through re-downloading all the apps I wanted on my new laptop after the last reset I did.

Another thing. I downloaded Win 11 but it isn't designed with drag and drop. I need that for my research projects. So I uninstalled it. Maybe it did not uninstall without doing damage. Who knows.

Ready for your help.
I use a Yamaha receiver, and the only time (s) things like that has happened were solved by turning off both the modem and router. Next was to wait for the modem to start (takes a few minutes), before restarting the router.

Old 02-14-2022, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by akrausz View Post
Uninstalling Win 11 certainly may mess some things up for some and work fine for others. Did it work with Win 11?

I removed Win 11 a few weeks ago but this prob started happening about a week ago I guess,

Old 02-14-2022, 10:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayinAK View Post
I use a Yamaha receiver, and the only time (s) things like that has happened were solved by turning off both the modem and router. Next was to wait for the modem to start (takes a few minutes), before restarting the router.

Ah. Yes!That makes sense. I hope to avoid resetting my Onkyo because I will lose all my pre-set stations.

Thanks Rayin.

Old 02-14-2022, 10:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine View Post
Unplg and replug the Onkyo and try to pair it again?

Will give it a try. Thanks for replying.

Old 02-15-2022, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitty61 View Post
Ah. Yes!That makes sense. I hope to avoid resetting my Onkyo because I will lose all my pre-set stations.

Thanks Rayin.
Leave the receiver alone. Just turn off the modem and router (my modem and the router are two separate units. I don't know what you have). If you have two devices as I do:

a. Leave both turned off for a few minutes, then a few minutes later start the modem, but leave the router turned off.

b. Wait for the modem to star fully (it will take a few minuets), and then start the router (the router will also take a couple of minutes to start)

If the receiver is connected to your network and you haven't reseted it, then the network password should still be saved by the receiver, so after both the modem and router have re-started, the receiver should connect to the network automatically.

Remember NOT to reset the receiver. The same for the modem. But you can reset the router-if you have the the network password, and know how to set it. That's why it is important not to "reset" anything unless you know what to do. Some modems are put online or set by the service company when they hand it to you (mine is), so I never reset it. But I do reset the router and change passwords whenever I need to.

Last edited by RayinAK; 02-15-2022 at 05:30 PM..

Old 02-16-2022, 07:16 AM

16,546 posts, read 19,685,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayinAK View Post
Leave the receiver alone.
No do NOT leave it alone, RAY. What the heck, man? That was solid advice. She can no longer pair the to the Bluetooth. OP tried to pair and nothing shows up on the laptop. Turn it COMPLETLY OFF, easiest way is to unplug to ensure it is completely powered down. Turn it on. Try to repair.
This is not for internet connectivity which was never stated to be the problem at all?!? I think you missed what the issue is because restarting the router isn't going to help her BLUETOOTH reconnect, RAY!

Old 02-16-2022, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine View Post
No do NOT leave it alone, RAY. What the heck, man? That was solid advice. She can no longer pair the to the Bluetooth. OP tried to pair and nothing shows up on the laptop. Turn it COMPLETLY OFF, easiest way is to unplug to ensure it is completely powered down. Turn it on. Try to repair.
This is not for internet connectivity which was never stated to be the problem at all?!? I think you missed what the issue is because restarting the router isn't going to help her BLUETOOTH reconnect, RAY!
Got it! I had similar issues with my Yamaha receiver after a firmware upgrade (nothing worked), and it was solved as I explained above.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Consumer Electronics