Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Cookeville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2009, 07:52 PM
B-2 B-2 started this thread

57 posts, read 175,731 times

Advertisements

Looking for properties that are close to Cookeville TN, 2-5 ac, easy access to paved road, water & elect, no subdivision. Some restrictions ok, no mobile homes, chickens, hogs etc. I came to Cookeville to ck out the town and found it to be one nice town. I looked around Baxter, Algood, Monterey (Cumberland Cove) area and Buck Mountain Rd. I liked the Bear Creek area view, but did not like the subdivision tracts of land for sale. Too small, too close together and it would be something else to cut the yard on the side of some of the hillsides. What about any land south of Cookeville? I did not drive out that way too far, heard it was nice? I was looking for that deal and did not find anything. Any builders you know with good reputation?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2009, 09:09 PM

13,358 posts, read 40,010,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by B-2 View Post
Looking for properties that are close to Cookeville TN, 2-5 ac, easy access to paved road, water & elect, no subdivision. Some restrictions ok, no mobile homes, chickens, hogs etc. I came to Cookeville to ck out the town and found it to be one nice town. I looked around Baxter, Algood, Monterey (Cumberland Cove) area and Buck Mountain Rd. I liked the Bear Creek area view, but did not like the subdivision tracts of land for sale. Too small, too close together and it would be something else to cut the yard on the side of some of the hillsides. What about any land south of Cookeville? I did not drive out that way too far, heard it was nice? I was looking for that deal and did not find anything. Any builders you know with good reputation?
Yes there are some beautiful areas south of Cookeville, too. If you head out Burgess Falls Road SW of Cookeville you'll run into a lot of farms and rolling hills and, of course, Burgess Falls State Park.

If you head east of Cookeville on hwy 70 you'll drive through beautiful (and I mean really beautiful) Dry Valley. It's SE of Cookeville.

I sent you a DM with the name and contact info for a realtor in Cookeville who has helped other people here at city-data find their right homes in Cookeville.

Good luck!

Old 01-21-2009, 09:27 AM

70 posts, read 174,337 times
JMT

Can you DM me the same real estate information?

Old 01-21-2009, 07:03 PM

107 posts, read 300,958 times
My wife and I worked with a fantastic broker in Cookeville. I truly can't say enough good things about him. If you guys want his info, DM me and I will reply with his info.

Old 01-21-2009, 09:22 PM

262 posts, read 524,592 times
Hey B-2, drop me a DM and I will give you the name of the gal that we are working with in Cookeville. Very nice and helpful. Good luck in your search.

Old 01-22-2009, 04:54 PM

What can you tell me about The Overlook Development in Cookeville TN?

Old 01-22-2009, 05:33 PM

13,358 posts, read 40,010,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by B-2 View Post
What can you tell me about The Overlook Development in Cookeville TN?
If it's what I'm thinking, The Overlook is a neighborhood just east of town perched at the edge of Buck Mountain. Mind you, the word "mountain" is used pretty casually in Middle Tennessee. It's really just a very big hill.

Anyway, it's pretty upscale from what I remember. At the base of the "mountain" is a gorgeous golf course. On top of Buck Mountain are some other upscale neighborhoods as well as some nice farms, old churches, and some homes and neighborhoods that are a bit more modest.

Here are a few pics I have that were taken from the golf course looking up towards Buck Mountain. I'm sorry I don't have any pics of The Overlook itself. In the first pic, the home on top of the mountain might very well be in The Overlook, I'm not sure.

I found this pic that was taken on Buck Mountain a mile or two east of The Overlook:

Last edited by JMT; 01-22-2009 at 05:41 PM..

Old 01-23-2009, 03:54 PM

Thanks for the pictures and the info JMT. What is the area like South of Cookeville and are there any Developments or new homes being built? Any Developments with five acres around Cookeville? I noticed Tenn people like that Red Brick on there Houses.

Old 01-27-2009, 10:58 AM

28 posts, read 81,020 times
I live south of Cookeville just over the White County line. I have 5 acres of unrestricted land yet it's a quick trip into town. I'm out near the Sparta Regional Airport. There is a new subdivision going in at the junction of South Bunker Hill Road and Old Kentucky Road. Keep in mind that though you don't have to pay city taxes, the ammenities are less as well. Cable is not available where I am, we have to use satellite. Phone service is restricted to Ben Lomand (I thought monopolies were illegal) and to tell you the truth, I'm not impressed with their service. You also have to haul your own trash to the dump. If you can deal with that, it's a great area.

Old 01-27-2009, 04:55 PM

What is the appox cost per ac for land in that area, good views?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Cookeville