Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel > Cruises
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2008, 01:29 PM
JnR JnR started this thread

1,709 posts, read 850,691 times

Advertisements

Has anyone ever used the company "Vacations To Go" to book a cruise through? They advertise cheaper rates for cruises. Was just wondering if anyone has had any experience with them, good or bad. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2008, 02:04 PM

12,054 posts, read 23,341,957 times
We met a couple on our cruise last year who used Vacations To Go. They were very pleased and said everything was easy. They also got a better price and cabin than we had using a regular travel agent.

Old 07-23-2008, 02:24 PM
JnR JnR started this thread

1,709 posts, read 850,691 times
Just found the same cruise on expedia for the same price and we have had really good luck with booking travel through them. Will probably stick with expedia. Thanks for the input.

Old 07-24-2008, 03:09 PM

2,309 posts, read 2,313,018 times
We just booked with ResortVacationsToGo, which I think may be the same company. Our trip is in October, but thus far they have been very good and professional.

Old 07-25-2008, 05:08 PM

1,178 posts, read 5,941,871 times
We booked a cruise out of San Diego through Vacations to Go a couple of years ago. Worked just fine.

Last year we used a travel agent in La Jolla and had all sorts of mix-ups. Next time ------- back to Vacations to Go.

Hank

Old 07-26-2008, 02:51 PM

21,368 posts, read 38,116,924 times
Hank, where do Hawaiians go for vacation? Seems everyone goes there from Alaska. Just curious.

Old 07-26-2008, 03:38 PM

630 posts, read 2,226,344 times
I've used Vacationstogo 3 times now and I have never had any issues with them. They even kept me up to date when I was looking for a suite, and when one opened up they notified me immediately so I could upgrade. I've recommended them and those I know that have used them have never had any issues.

Enjoy your cruise no matter who you book through....

Old 07-28-2008, 09:10 AM

1,178 posts, read 5,941,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by warptman View Post
Hank, where do Hawaiians go for vacation? Seems everyone goes there from Alaska. Just curious.
We've traveled to most of the other Hawaiian islands, and Guam, Singapore, Bankok, Chook (Truk), Ponape, Majuro, Kosrae, New Zealand.

Old 07-30-2008, 03:35 PM

353 posts, read 1,728,600 times
I have used Vacations To Go as well as other on-line booking agencies and have never had a problem. All my special requests were honored. Back in the old days when I used a travel agent, there was always a problem of some sort.

Old 01-31-2009, 09:56 AM

1 posts, read 19,578 times
Default Review of VacationsToGo

Hello

I recently used Vacations to go, to book a Disney World and Disney Cruise vacation. I was very skeptical at first because their site looked a little cheesy. However, we took a chance on them because they offered the same exact package and dates that the Official Disney Cruise site offered - but vacationstogo was hundreds of dollars less. There were no major problems and I would use them again.

I wrote a full review of my experience using VacationsToGo, on my Disney Travel Site (Booking your Disney Cruise at VacationsToGo | Disney Vacation People)

It is a full in depth review of our experience with them. Rather then copy and past the whole review and bore most of you to death - those that are interested can check it out.

Overall - I would say YES - book with vacationstogo, if it saves you money.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel > Cruises