Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2013, 12:03 PM

7,099 posts, read 27,237,595 times

Advertisements

those two "boys" have been in the USA for ten years. The mother goes back and forth from one country to another. The father worked here as an auto mechanic. They went to good schools and spent time doing sports.

Nothing has been said about MONEY. Did the older brother have a job? Where did the money come from to support them?

I know, they could have been quite wealthy in the home country, but money goes fast when you go to schools like that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2013, 12:52 PM

48,493 posts, read 97,090,339 times
Like so mnay serial killers who first have to be so called wired as a sociopath.Not mnay even beleive ing any cause would actaully agree to or further actaulyl sit a bomb nest to daults and chilren. the youngest is said to sit the bomb next to the 8 eyar olf and his youger sister in video and then walk off calmly..That take a sociopath that see humans as no different than bugs people kill without thought.

Old 04-22-2013, 02:43 PM

2,095 posts, read 3,113,669 times
There's already a thread in this subforum about this.

Old 04-22-2013, 08:42 PM

16,211 posts, read 11,395,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Padgett2 View Post
those two "boys" have been in the USA for ten years. The mother goes back and forth from one country to another. The father worked here as an auto mechanic. They went to good schools and spent time doing sports.

Nothing has been said about MONEY. Did the older brother have a job? Where did the money come from to support them?

I know, they could have been quite wealthy in the home country, but money goes fast when you go to schools like that.
It would be the height of folly to introduce any "theories" on the "evidence" of a few thousand dollars worth of consumer goods; the shift to an economy and system of credit based on education (or just the prestige of the institutions involved) and future prospects makes the distortions all that much easier.

Old 04-22-2013, 10:59 PM

4,630 posts, read 10,509,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nd trick op View Post
It would be the height of folly to introduce any "theories" on the "evidence" of a few thousand dollars worth of consumer goods; the shift to an economy and system of credit based on education (or just the prestige of the institutions involved) and future prospects makes the distortions all that much easier.
What? I know a priest who ran a homeless shelter was murdered by one of his residents for 39 cents! YOu think someone won't kill for a car and a pair of shoes? Beam down off the cloud Captain.

Old 04-22-2013, 11:23 PM

16,211 posts, read 11,395,865 times
You missed my point; nothing we've seen so far has given any indication that these two were economically distresed. They hsd been able to travel fairly extensively, appear to have been moving in circles where daily existence was not a strggle, and found a way to pay for their "hardware". And they also came (or were coming) of age under a very different set of rules than those applied just a few years previously (and I'm speaking of the emergence of the credit-based lifestyle, not the Great Recession and the so-called New Frugality").

Old 04-22-2013, 11:44 PM

4,630 posts, read 10,509,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nd trick op View Post
You missed my point; nothing we've seen so far has given any indication that these two were economically distresed. They hsd been able to travel fairly extensively, appear to have been moving in circles where daily existence was not a strggle, and found a way to pay for their "hardware". And they also came (or were coming) of age under a very different set of rules than those applied just a few years previously (and I'm speaking of the emergence of the credit-based lifestyle, not the Great Recession and the so-called New Frugality").
True, but never underestimate the power of greed. Right - they were ok by all appearances - but if he felt like he was no one unless he had $900 shoes well ... ya never know.

Frankly I don't think that's it though. His name WAS Jokar. You know what Alfred had to say about the Jokar ...

" ... some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn."

The Dark Knight - Some Men Just Want To Watch The World Burn - YouTube

Old 04-23-2013, 01:17 AM

11,039 posts, read 16,920,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Padgett2 View Post

Uh...

Cambridge Rindge And Latin, the high school they went to, has a really fancy sounding name.

It's also the only public high school in Cambridge, MA. I went there, actually... and we were super poor. We got a lot of our food from food banks.

If they were rich, they would have gone to Buckingham, Browne and Nichols (BB&N), Xaverian, or one of the other prestigious prep schools in the area that cost as much per year as a private university.

Also: Dzhokhar was going to Umass Dartmouth, a state school that offers state tuition rates. I read that he had won a $2500 scholarship from the City of Cambridge. As far as jobs go, I'm not sure, but the younger one could have been doing the typical American collegiate thing and living off of loans.

Old 04-23-2013, 02:01 AM

4,792 posts, read 8,215,921 times
Seems at one time they were both well adjusted. The younger one was well liked. To do what they did they must have been putting on a good act to fool people.

Old 04-23-2013, 02:36 AM

7,099 posts, read 27,237,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 415_s2k View Post
Uh...

Cambridge Rindge And Latin, the high school they went to, has a really fancy sounding name.

It's also the only public high school in Cambridge, MA. I went there, actually... and we were super poor. We got a lot of our food from food banks.

If they were rich, they would have gone to Buckingham, Browne and Nichols (BB&N), Xaverian, or one of the other prestigious prep schools in the area that cost as much per year as a private university.

Also: Dzhokhar was going to Umass Dartmouth, a state school that offers state tuition rates. I read that he had won a $2500 scholarship from the City of Cambridge. As far as jobs go, I'm not sure, but the younger one could have been doing the typical American collegiate thing and living off of loans.
Sorry, I confess that I have read a ton of stuff from the beginning....and then, the reports made it sound as if they were going to some sort of prestigious school. I just didn't know any better! However, they have been here for 10 years. They cost someone some money. I guess it had to be family money.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events