Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2013, 09:06 PM

42,554 posts, read 86,954,125 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiphead View Post
Isn't that like sayng Methodism is NOT Christianity?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2013, 09:21 PM

3,966 posts, read 10,697,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
Isn't that like sayng Methodism is NOT Christianity?
I would check out the thread for clarification.

Old 05-10-2013, 09:35 PM

2,277 posts, read 2,652,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubi3 View Post
Wouldn't this belong in the religion forum? I think there are many who do not think all Muslims are terrorists and oppressors of women. Many people do wonder why moderate Muslims fail to speak out against those who are terrorists. I hope His Holiness will speak against the men responsible for the recent bombing of the Boston Marathon.
Amen!

Old 05-10-2013, 09:59 PM

42,554 posts, read 86,954,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiphead View Post
I would check out the thread for clarification.
I'm not so sure that "the thread" is an indisputable authority. If you have a "clarification" put it out where we can all see it.

Old 05-10-2013, 10:25 PM

209 posts, read 414,469 times
Quote:
........................................... Many people do wonder why moderate Muslims fail to speak out against those who are terrorists. I hope His Holiness will speak against the men responsible for the recent bombing of the Boston Marathon.

Peace be on you. It has already been done. Please check. The Holy Khalifah said in his Friday sermon of 19 April 2013 from UK:

Quote:
The religious leaders are also embroiled in power struggles and some are either running terrorist organisations or are helping them. Children are given militant training in religious seminaries (Madrassa) and all this is employed against Muslims. Muslim is baying for Muslim’s blood. Islam is a religion of love and peace, the very meaning of which signifies peace and security and removal of pain. Today, these people have brought it in so much disrepute that Muslim organisations are the first to be suspected if any act of terrorism takes place in the world. After the recent explosions in USA at the [Boston] marathon anti-Islamic elements immediately said it was the work of Muslims. They did not name any organisation but cited Muslims as culpable on a collective basis. Thank God these organisations denied having any connection with the atrocity and this statement would have been sufficient. However, as they are devoid of Taqwa, they went on to say that although they had no connection with it, they commended and supported it. What was gained by attacking the defenceless? On the one hand it is their claim that none loves the Holy Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be on him) as they do and on the other hand acts contrary to his blessed model are perpetrated. Certainly, one upholds even the slightest of what one’s beloved espouses and the Holy Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be on him) taught not to hurt the innocent, children, women and the elderly even during battle and the Qur’an specifically mentions safeguarding people of other religions. Let alone taking lives of people in the absence of a state of war and causing many others to endure becoming amputees........
Reference: Friday Sermon: True Attributes of Muslims and their Responsibilities

Old 05-11-2013, 12:19 AM

to
Quote:
Why start another thread about this man?

Peace be on you. First thread was the current event that a spiritual leader has come. Second thread tells more-currently what did he speak to Press ( Los Angeles Times) .

Additionally, please allow me to say that last year, the Holy Khalifah addressed to Capitol Hill and conveyed the message of peace.
Reference:
Quote:
The Path to Peace – Just Relations Between Nations
The Path to Peace – Just Relations Between Nations - The Review of Religions

Peaceful voices can ensure world peace so that everyone may live with peace.

Old 05-11-2013, 02:55 AM

550 posts, read 1,282,490 times
Paul Atreides is the true Mahdi and I'm pretty sure he isn't bringing peace!

Old 05-11-2013, 03:25 AM

Quote:
.............................Many people do wonder why moderate Muslims fail to speak out against those who are terrorists. I hope His Holiness will speak against the men responsible for the recent bombing of the Boston Marathon.
Peace be on you. In addition to #13, above please note that following press release was also issued:

Quote:
Ahmadiyya Muslim Community condemns bombings and calls for unity against extremism

Ahmadiyya Muslim Community USA expresses its most heartfelt condolences to the victims and families affected by the bombings in Boston today and prays that God Almighty gives them patience, comfort and strength during this time of immense struggle. While details of the attack continue to emerge, Ahmadiyya Muslim Community USA condemns this horrific act in the strongest possible manner. The Community prays that those responsible for today’s bombing are swiftly brought to justice and that peace is once again restored..........................
REF:American Muslims Mourn For Boston Marathon Victims | Cision Wire

Old 05-13-2013, 12:05 PM

Arrow KEY of LA for Ahmadiyya Khalifah of Promised Messiah Mahdi. He spoke to 300 politicians, academics community leaders.

Peace be on you. On May 11, 2013, the visiting Ahmadiyya Khalifah of Promised Messiah and Mahdi, addressed to 300 politicians, academics and community leaders attended, including the California Lieutenant Governor, mayoral candidate Eric Garcetti, and several members of the United States Congress.

The press release said:

Quote:
During the event the Los Angeles City Council presented Hadhrat Mirza Masroor Ahmad with the golden key to the city, declaring:

“This Key is reserved for only the most honoured people on Earth.”

In his keynote address Hadhrat Mirza Masroor Ahmad said the American people had no reason to fear Islam because it was a religion that advocated peace, universal human rights and a respect for human dignity.

Hadhrat Mirza Masroor Ahmad said:

“There is no doubt that the acts of terrorism or extremism some so-called Muslims perpetrate have nothing whatsoever to do with the true teachings of Islam. The very meaning of ‘Islam’ is peace, security and giving a guarantee of protection against all forms of harm and evil.”

The Khalifa also took the opportunity to unequivocally condemn the recent Boston marathon terrorist attack and to offer his condolences saying:

“My sympathies are with the victims of the Boston bombing. We condemn that attack in its entirety.”

Speaking about Islam’s commitment to equality and humanity for all people, Hadhrat Mirza Masroor Ahmad said:

“I believe in that One God who is the Lord of all nations, all races and all religions, and so it becomes impossible that I could ever develop any hatred in my heart for any nation, any race or any religion.”

Hadhrat Mirza Masroor Ahmad also used his address to implore all people to view Islam through the lens of justice, rather than through the acts of extremists. He called on non-Muslims to judge Islam only after studying its teachings in depth and after observing the character of Muslims who adhere to its original teachings................
Ref:Head of Ahmadiyya Muslim Jamaat delivers Historic Address in Southern California « Islam Ahmadiyya

Old 05-13-2013, 12:08 PM

550 posts, read 1,282,490 times
Didn't you already start a thread about this?

Merge please.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events