Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2020, 07:07 AM

9,576 posts, read 7,330,347 times

Advertisements

How does that saying go, age is but a number! I know Anthony Quinn had a child when he was 78 and another when he was 81, but looks like Bernie Ecclestone just had his first son at the ripe old age of 89.

Former Formula One chief Bernie Ecclestone becomes a father at 89

Quote:
Former Formula One mogul Bernie Ecclestone, 89, and wife Fabiana Flosi, 44, have announced the birth of their son. The baby boy was born on Wednesday and is named Ace, a spokesperson for Ecclestone confirmed to CNN.

The new arrival will be the billionaire's first son, and his first child with Flosi, joining daughters Tamara, Petra and Deborah from Ecclestone's previous marriages. Ecclestone and Flosi were married in 2012.

Ecclestone ran Formula One for 40 years before he was ousted in 2017. He is credited with overseeing the sport's transformation from an amateurish operation in the 1970s to the $8 billion business formally acquired by new US owner Liberty Media in 2017.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2020, 07:16 AM

6,345 posts, read 8,117,682 times
The child may inherit billions, before they hit puberty. He still has to share it with siblings from previous marriages. That's insane.

Old 07-02-2020, 07:18 AM

29,744 posts, read 34,376,832 times
If the father is 89 right now, this child will grow up without his father. Sure, he'll have a boatload of money. Hope that helps him.

Old 07-02-2020, 07:21 AM

1,948 posts, read 1,516,069 times
I know of two ultra high maintenance daughters that'll be really mad.

A bunch of kids dilutes inheritances.

Old 07-02-2020, 07:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
If the father is 89 right now, this child will grow up without his father. Sure, he'll have a boatload of money. Hope that helps him.
I'm sure Fabiana will remarry once Bernie dies, so the son will at least have a step-dad!

Old 07-02-2020, 07:46 AM

9,822 posts, read 11,544,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjseliga View Post
I'm sure Fabiana will remarry once Bernie dies, so the son will at least have a step-dad!
I can here it now, “You're not my dadâ€
But seriously, I think it’s really selfish to have a kid at 89 years old. Having a kid at 44 is no walk in the park for the women either.

Old 07-02-2020, 10:22 AM

32,643 posts, read 48,015,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitman619 View Post
......Having a kid at 44 is no walk in the park for the women either.
Perhaps ordinarily, but this 44 year old mother has house maids, a cook, and a nanny or maybe two nannies. She's not going to be too badly stressed.

Old 07-02-2020, 10:43 AM

334 posts, read 520,542 times
An 86-year-old man went to his doctor for his quarterly check-up... The doctor asked him how he was feeling, and the 86-year-old said, "Things are great and I've never felt better. I now have a 20 year-old bride who is pregnant with my child. So what do you think about that Doc?"The doctor considered his question for a minute and then began to tell a story. "I have an older friend , much like you, who is an avid hunter and never misses a season.One day he was setting off to go hunting. In a bit of a hurry , he accidentally picked up his walking cane instead of his gun. As he neared a lake, he came across a very large male beaver sitting at the water's edge.He realized he'd left his gun at home and so he couldn't shoot the magnificent creature. Out of habit he raised his cane , aimed it at the animal as if it were his favorite hunting rifle and went 'bang, bang'."Miraculously, two shots rang out and the beaver fell over dead. Now, what do you think of that ?" asked the doctor. The 86-year-old said , "Logic would strongly suggest that somebody else pumped a couple of rounds into that beaver." The doctor replied, "My point exactly!"

Old 07-02-2020, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StcLurker View Post
An 86-year-old man went to his doctor for his quarterly check-up... The doctor asked him how he was feeling, and the 86-year-old said, "Things are great and I've never felt better. I now have a 20 year-old bride who is pregnant with my child. So what do you think about that Doc?"The doctor considered his question for a minute and then began to tell a story. "I have an older friend , much like you, who is an avid hunter and never misses a season.One day he was setting off to go hunting. In a bit of a hurry , he accidentally picked up his walking cane instead of his gun. As he neared a lake, he came across a very large male beaver sitting at the water's edge.He realized he'd left his gun at home and so he couldn't shoot the magnificent creature. Out of habit he raised his cane , aimed it at the animal as if it were his favorite hunting rifle and went 'bang, bang'."Miraculously, two shots rang out and the beaver fell over dead. Now, what do you think of that ?" asked the doctor. The 86-year-old said , "Logic would strongly suggest that somebody else pumped a couple of rounds into that beaver." The doctor replied, "My point exactly!"
Good point, maybe Bernie will have the child's DNA tested!

Biological speaking, even at his age he should still be producing sperm, now what quality is that sperm, probably not that great as compared to someone in their 20s and 30s. Impotence-wise, well they have various meds for that now. I'm curious if the child was created the old fashion way and both are indeed the biological parents, I wonder if the child has down syndrome, with her age (over 40) and his old sperm?

Old 07-02-2020, 03:17 PM

380 posts, read 125,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
Better than the hundreds of thousands who grow up poor every year without a father!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events