Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2024, 06:55 AM
Status: "“If a thing loves, it is infinite.”" (set 3 days ago)

27,180 posts, read 13,461,836 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pekemom View Post
It’s like a tease….she had abdominal surgery, but not what kind. He has cancer, but not what kind. Keep the people wondering.

It's most likely to be bladder cancer, with prostate surgery most likely to reveal bladder issues, and if so then it is very treatable especially if caught in the early stages, which seems to be the case.

That's if it is related to the exploratory prostate, and not blood tests which can help to reveal all kinds of problems including various cancers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2024, 08:02 AM

1,706 posts, read 1,152,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave New World View Post

It's most likely to be bladder cancer, with prostate surgery most likely to reveal bladder issues, and if so then it is very treatable especially if caught in the early stages, which seems to be the case.

That's if it is related to the exploratory prostate, and not blood tests which can help to reveal all kinds of problems including various cancers.
Don't ask me how I know but bladder-related diseases are excruciating.

Old boy is probably in a haze of confusion from painkillers and stress.

Old 02-09-2024, 01:52 PM

17,587 posts, read 15,266,523 times
Somewhere in here I said I wouldn't wish cancer on anyone..

Then this hits the news today.

https://www.local10.com/news/local/2...ergoing-chemo/

And I find myself in a quandry.

Old 02-10-2024, 01:50 PM

23,867 posts, read 33,568,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyLark2019 View Post
Ehhh he's had a good run.

How horrible it is to have to have one's medical issues become a global story. Ugh.

Agree about the global story. Not only that, since he didn't say what cancer he had, just about everyone that's heard about it are all speculating what cancer he could have with the little information they did share.

I also feel bad for Kate who is another royal they gave limited information with "abdominal surgery". Not only that, with Charles doing treatments, William has been expected to step in for him.

Prince William speaks out after King Charles' cancer diagnosis and wife Kate's surgery

Quote:
London — Prince William returned to public royal duties Wednesday after taking about three weeks off while his wife Kate, the Princess of Wales, recovered from abdominal surgery. During that period, his father, King Charles III, was diagnosed with cancer and Buckingham Palace said the monarch would step back from his own public duties during treatment.

William attended an investiture ceremony at Windsor Castle early Wednesday before attending a gala dinner for London's Air Ambulance Charity, at which he shared the limelight with actor Tom Cruise.

William stepped away from public duties last month to help care for Kate and their three children after her unspecified abdominal surgery. Kate isn't expected to resume her public duties until around April.

William stepped away from public duties last month to help care for Kate and their three children after her unspecified abdominal surgery. Kate isn't expected to resume her public duties until around April.

"His absence is putting a lot of pressure on the other members of the royal family, who are certainly up to it," Sally Bedell Smith, author of Prince Charles: The Passions and Paradoxes of an Improbable Life, told The Associated Press. "Having one of the great stars of the royal family, the Princess of Wales, in recuperation from a surgery" adds to that pressure, Smith said.

Old 02-10-2024, 03:02 PM

2,300 posts, read 1,521,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
Her surgery was apparently scheduled in advance. Not something that happens with ectopic pregnancies.
There are types of surgery for prolapse which are quite intricate and involve a long recovery time. A friend’s daughter had surgery for this recently and is late forties. She was not allowed to drive for six weeks and had to have a lot of support for the recovery.

But really, I cannot understand why everyone feels they have a right to know the detailed medical information of everyone else.

Old 02-10-2024, 05:01 PM

5,581 posts, read 6,510,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
Somewhere in here I said I wouldn't wish cancer on anyone..

Then this hits the news today.

https://www.local10.com/news/local/2...ergoing-chemo/

And I find myself in a quandry.
Hadn't heard/seen this. Because I totally believe he is guilty as he!! I don't feel sorry for him at all. Hope he suffers like his victims did because of him. He is one of many Satan's minions.

Old 02-10-2024, 05:53 PM

31,910 posts, read 26,989,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by markg91359 View Post
No should forget that Charles is 75 years old. The average life expectancy for a man in most places is under eighty.

Under the best circumstances, Charles is probably not going to be around for a long time.

I wish him well with his cancer treatment too, but I suspect William will be King much earlier in his life than Charles was.
This was not unexpected.

Victoria I reigned for 63 years and 216 days, while her successor Edward VII barely ten years ( 22 January 1901 until his death in 1910.)

Long reigns are most always followed by a comparatively short one. It doesn't help that monarchs are expected to marry young and begin at once breeding heirs.

On both sides of his family KCIII comes from some long lived stock least far as females go. OTOH most of his uncles died in their 70's with youngest being George VI who only made it to his early 50's.

OTOH HM's cousins from the Kent line (Prince Michael and Prince Edward) are in their 80's. Prince Richard of Gloucester is 79, so there's quite a range there.

Old 02-11-2024, 01:21 AM

31,910 posts, read 26,989,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BugsyPal View Post
This was not unexpected.

Victoria I reigned for 63 years and 216 days, while her successor Edward VII barely ten years ( 22 January 1901 until his death in 1910.)

Long reigns are most always followed by a comparatively short one. It doesn't help that monarchs are expected to marry young and begin at once breeding heirs.

On both sides of his family KCIII comes from some long lived stock least far as females go. OTOH most of his uncles died in their 70's with youngest being George VI who only made it to his early 50's.

OTOH HM's cousins from the Kent line (Prince Michael and Prince Edward) are in their 80's. Prince Richard of Gloucester is 79, so there's quite a range there.
Meant KC3's mother's uncles and her father.

Old 02-13-2024, 10:39 AM

88,588 posts, read 84,818,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
I actually more think they're just not saying what kind it is out of privacy at the moment.

After all, you don't treat cancer without knowing what kind it is, and.. He's starting treatment.

You don't use testicular cancer drugs on lung cancer... You know what kind of cancer before you treat it. And, just because it's in one place doesn't mean that's where it started.

It is rather curious that they announced the prostate procedure, but.. The location of the cancer seems to be getting the hush-hush treatment. I'd say no matter what, someone in his position, being as open as possible is for the best. Not only to help the press and all just leave him alone but also to serve as an example to others about having testing done and what to look for.

Again, I presume bladder cancer as it can resemble prostate problems, which we know he just had a procedure on. Sounds like they went in to do that and.. "Oh crap!" discovered that the prostate wasn't the problem or wasn't the ONLY problem.

Bladder cancer isn't overly rare or anything, but.. not a whole lot of people you can point to who had it. Sinatra did but died of a heart attack. The only one that I knew of without searching was the professional wrestler John Tenta (Earthquake, Golga, a few other gimmicks).. On a search, Jack Lemmon, Telly Savalas, Andy Williams, Hubert Humphrey, Dominick Dunne, and Allen Ludden all turned up as having died from it.

Think there might be something of a stigma to it. Not sure why.. I mean, it can happen to anyone. But, as with many things, once you get anything that involves the area south of the belt and north of the legs.. People tend to get uncomfortable talking about it.
Yes, I thought about that when it was announced that Farrah Fawcett had anal cancer. I had no idea that was even a thing. Not something people talk about over the cubicle partition in the office. That first cancer cell can start anywhere.

Old 02-13-2024, 10:43 AM

88,588 posts, read 84,818,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aredhel View Post
Melanoma can arise in many locations other than the skin, such as inside your nose, moth, and sinuses, inside the eye, inside the vagina, or underneath your fingernails and toenails. And melanoma arising in these sites has nothing to do with sun exposure. It's an odd disease in that respect.
Bob Marley's melanoma was under the nail of his big toe. Killed him in his mid-thirties.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events