Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2007, 07:40 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,311,258 times

Advertisements

I would deserve two neg. reps on that one. Thanks for understanding.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2007, 08:27 AM

8,189 posts, read 31,299,953 times
O.k.- Dog has been walked, laundry has been folded & put away, dishes have been washed, and floors have been cleaned. Whew! I think I am going to go look for some empty calories and some caffeine.

Old 07-10-2007, 08:39 AM

4,610 posts, read 11,121,631 times
Karla, Have fun today at the gym. Cycling----You Go Girl!!! Woohoo!!

Evey, You just did my chores for the day!

Well, Me and Chloe did our walk this morning without grouchy pants!! It was great!!

Have a nice day everyone!

Old 07-10-2007, 10:38 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,311,258 times
Man, you guys are going to ban me from the health & wellness forum altogether. I met up with DH and BIL for lunch (how lucky am I? TWO handsome fellas at lunch!) and ate a BLT, 1/2 of DH's homemade fries, and a huge pc. of maple walnut pie w/whipped creme. I could just explode.

Old 07-10-2007, 10:50 AM

Okay girly, nomoresnow, on your own planet!!! Enough!!! You are having too much fun!!

Oh, can you pass me some fries and a couple bites of the pie!

Last edited by Roma; 07-10-2007 at 11:00 AM.. Reason: I want some fries!

Old 07-10-2007, 11:27 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,191,116 times
hey all
back from the gym

ok let talk about the cycling class also known as spinning. I never thought it was possible for one 5'3" person to sweat that much and how come noone mention that the seat hurts your buttt

The instructor was great of course she felt it necessary to say "this is Karla, it's her first time"
Ok rofl lets call attention that the new girl may fall off the bike. there was a really nice guy kevin who showed me how to set up my bike and said if it gets to hard don't stop peddling just slow down and reduce your tension.

Well I am proud to say I kept up !!!!!!! and made the whole class woohoo
There were times when I thought "who do I hurt for inventing this torture"
Joy the instructor said good job then invited me to the "intro to Yoga class" right after. This was a very good idea I in my own not to graceful way stretched our those poor muscles. I just wonder who came up with all those names for the different positions. I had a few of my own. take the "happy baby" one I think it should be called "pushing the baby out"
It was so funny she went from high energy whooo hooo cheerleader to calm softspoken yoga guru. lol
I asked if she thought I could handle the regular cycling class (this was the intro) and both she and kevin said Yes at the same time. boy did that make me feel good.
I can't wait to go back tomorrow. though I have this feeling that my quads will be screaming, I have flash backs from when I use to do a lot of weight lifting and my quads would hurt so bad I couldn't sit on the potty.
The best is she said we probably burned over 800 calories.!!!

NMS and everyone here is my theory on major food days.
If you continue to give your body the same number of calories each and everyday it gets use to it and says "hmm know what I am hungry I am going to store some for later" but if you use 1 day a week and eat what you want you throw that sneaking fat storing little voice for a loop. and your metabolism is kept guessing.
It is like exercising if you do the same thing each and every time your body adjust so it needs a kick in the pants every once in awhile. rofl I sure kicked mine today.

Now do you want my theory on the "dreaded" carbs ????
tee heee

ok time to hit the shower
thanks for all the good wishes this morning
karla

Old 07-10-2007, 11:31 AM

12,981 posts, read 14,572,459 times
I was going to go look for the oxymoron thread to put 'zucchini cake' ontil I read about your maple walnut pie, NMS-WHOA! Brought me back to reality!!!
Anyway, worked up quite a sweat today-could be because it's about 87 degrees out, but I did my work out, and now it's time for a little frosted treat of my own...frosted FLAKES that is!

Old 07-10-2007, 12:15 PM

Karla,

That is AWESOME!!! Good for you! I don't think I could of done the whole class. I can barely jog up the street. I'm very proud of you!

Old 07-10-2007, 12:30 PM

1,507 posts, read 5,919,175 times
Default It's Healthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzymystic View Post
I was going to go look for the oxymoron thread to put 'zucchini cake' ontil I read about your maple walnut pie, NMS-WHOA! Brought me back to reality!!!
Anyway, worked up quite a sweat today-could be because it's about 87 degrees out, but I did my work out, and now it's time for a little frosted treat of my own...frosted FLAKES that is!
what Oxymoron thread? Oh come on- Zucchini cake is healthy

Old 07-10-2007, 12:34 PM

1,507 posts, read 5,919,175 times
[quote=myfask;1039516]hey all
back from the gym

ok let talk about the cycling class also known as spinning. I never thought it was possible for one 5'3" person to sweat that much and how come noone mention that the seat hurts your buttt

Hey Karla,
When you first mentioned the Spinning Class, it beought back painful menories of the one & only class I finished. My rear end hurt for days !! Sorry buddy, should I have warned you? No, I never went back - now I'm the Cardio-Kickboxing Queen !!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals