Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-06-2014, 06:43 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,118,863 times

Advertisements

Good morning
Happy Friday !!!

Cloudy start which may be a good thing

lol we have 3 yards of this really good garden soil coming tomorrow morning they are going to dump it in the driveway. so we have to get the big bed cleared of mulch and the plants I want to transplant before it gets here it is suppose to rain tomorrow afternoon so we want to get as much spread as possible so we don't end up with a huge mud pile lol

I think that will be a super upper body exercise day as will today with the clearing of the beds
This should be our final garden reno for spring project

Not sure what else today will hold.

What are you all doing today ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2014, 10:56 AM

12,981 posts, read 14,533,906 times
I don't know, Mh just called and said he might be taking off work early. I have to call the canc. center about this possible drug interaction between the stuff I am taking, which is NOT doing anything, for my tongue and the prednisone I have to take for the allergic reaction to the contrast in the CAT scan dye. Whoopdeedoo.

I have like a tiny canker sore/ulcer thing, now it is on the bottom of my tongue and it hurts like you can't imagine. The bottom is sensitive compared t the top. Toothpaste, some foods, oh man the pain is horrible. I have lidocaine to numb it (thank God) and good old magic mouthwash still. Otherwise, I couldn't even eat. Any suggestions? There must be something that will make this go away.

Yep, that shoveling and wheelbarrowing will definitely be a good workout! I don't envy you one bit. As for the blood grass, I am going to put it in containers, but otherwise, yes, it will spread. In some areas, it's invasive, but it gets too cold here, i think, for it to be a perennial.

So, is Pattie done posting? How sad. I will miss her. Maybe she'll at least come on and say goodbye.

Old 06-06-2014, 02:18 PM

12,981 posts, read 14,533,906 times
Well, wouldn't you know it. We went to the greenhouse, the shipment had just come in and was sitting on tables, still unmarked, but they sent the WRONG grass. They sent red fountain grass, which is more burgundy. I swear. It would be so nice if I had a little good luck for a change. haha, poor me.

Old 06-06-2014, 05:11 PM

5,453 posts, read 8,223,019 times
Hey gals. Better weather, better day at work, and much better attitude today.

Gracie and I have taken a small walk, she turned around before we got to the greenway, might be just too humid for a little black dog. She is happily playing with her toys so we will wait until tomorrow am to take a good walk. I did do a short work out after we got back.

I looked at that blood grass Connie, very pretty. Why do you think it won't come up yearly? Most grass will come back, my SIL has it around his swimming pool in MI, not blood grass but another ornamental grass and he trims it down in the late fall and it comes back.

Karla your yard work is extensive this year! Post pictures when you are done.

Gotta get and find something for dinner. Have a good weekend.

Old 06-09-2014, 05:40 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,118,863 times
Morning ladies
Connie you make the nicest planters, you want to come down here and make some for me
ugh I hate those canker sore thingys I get them when I have too much acidy foods. I rinse with peroxide and I have heard warm salt water helps too. but I gag with warm salt water

Sandy yay on the "Better weather, better day at work, and much better attitude today"

Whew I think I have done enough yard work for the rest of the summer. We got the old mulch up and the plants out. Then the "dirt" arrived I posted the video on FB. It is such nice rich loamy soil mix. We got the one bed raised I even top dressed the elm in the front moved the mulch to one side of the bed added the soil moved back all the mulch then the new soil.
When I first say the mini mountain I though it would be too much but nope we used it all. I then moved the vincas from the bed in front of the dining room window to the one in front of hubbys office window. Yesterday we worked in the back hubby mowed, I weeded and trimmed back. It was so thick

So lol here I am thinking we are done, but nooooo lol I forgot the BA holly tree bed with its nice new soil needs mulch sigh
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals