Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-12-2020, 02:02 PM

2,170 posts, read 1,952,385 times

Advertisements

You can't just lose belly fat, needs to be all over the body.

I'm a similar build, if I stop working out I pack on a ton of fat on my love handle area nowhere else really, gives me a very weird shape. I'm also very skinny everywhere else. I stay in shape by keeping my calorie count low, my protein intake high, I lift weights 3-4 days a week and do cardio with a rowing machine every other day. I'm by no means a body builder, but my body fat is low prob under 10% and I'm very tone. I'll never be a big 6' muscle guy at 190lbs, but I have no problem being a lean 165.

More cardio, more weights, more protein, less calories
Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2020, 03:12 PM

21,835 posts, read 25,102,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericp501 View Post
You can't just lose belly fat, needs to be all over the body.

I'm a similar build, if I stop working out I pack on a ton of fat on my love handle area nowhere else really, gives me a very weird shape. I'm also very skinny everywhere else. I stay in shape by keeping my calorie count low, my protein intake high, I lift weights 3-4 days a week and do cardio with a rowing machine every other day. I'm by no means a body builder, but my body fat is low prob under 10% and I'm very tone. I'll never be a big 6' muscle guy at 190lbs, but I have no problem being a lean 165.

More cardio, more weights, more protein, less calories
Well, there's liposuction or adipose freezing, but yeah.

Old 09-28-2020, 05:21 AM

1 posts, read 1,117 times
I think that a tummy tuck would be the best option for you.

Old 10-22-2020, 08:14 AM

11,230 posts, read 9,308,278 times
Fat is fat. Muscle is muscle. They are totally different tissues with totally different functions and metabolisms.

If you want to lose fat, eat less and exercise more. If you want to gain muscle, do strength building exercises.

You cannot convert fat into muscle, you can only burn it.

Fat is the result of consuming more calories than you expend. It is deposited based on the energy demands and calorie consumption of the entire body. Thus there is NO SUCH THING as losing fat in a particular place by donig a particular thing. All you can do is change from an overage of food to a shortage of food for your exercise level and burn fat through the whole-body fat metabolism.

Old 10-22-2020, 12:03 PM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidt1 View Post
I am happy to report that I have made good progress from the date I posted 10/27/2019 until now. My body fat went from 28% to 19%. My waistline went from 41'' to 36''. It hasn't even been a month. I still have a way to go, but I am not rushing it. I need to do it slowly so I don't burn myself out. Thanks for the replies.
Congratulations, OP; this is very impressive! And thanks for posting that video. So, did you do the intermittent fasting, along with everything else? And you saw results in just one month?

Old 10-22-2020, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by turf3 View Post
Fat is fat. Muscle is muscle. They are totally different tissues with totally different functions and metabolisms.

If you want to lose fat, eat less and exercise more. If you want to gain muscle, do strength building exercises.

You cannot convert fat into muscle, you can only burn it.

Fat is the result of consuming more calories than you expend. It is deposited based on the energy demands and calorie consumption of the entire body. Thus there is NO SUCH THING as losing fat in a particular place by donig a particular thing. All you can do is change from an overage of food to a shortage of food for your exercise level and burn fat through the whole-body fat metabolism.
True, mostly. I would only add, that fat can be the result of metabolic hormones out of balance, due to too many carbs, for one thing, especially sugars & refined carbs, but total carb count (even of "good" carbs) is important as well. This is where the low-carb ethos came from; endocrinologists pointing out the role insulin has in causing fat storage, and how excess insulin is triggered.

The video was correct in covering the metabolic hormone issue as the first thing to get under control. I thought it was interesting, how he mentioned that excess estrogen in the system (for men as well as women) also builds fat. You rarely hear about that. IDK who that speaker is, but he seems unusually well-informed.

Old 10-23-2020, 11:22 AM

10,345 posts, read 8,557,056 times
I wonder how the op is doing one year out now.

Old 10-23-2020, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aslowdodge View Post
I wonder how the op is doing one year out now.
He made such good progress within the first month, I would imagine he reached his goal long ago, already.

Pretty impressive. I guess the salient question would be more along the lines of: was he able to keep the weight off. When you lose weight quickly like that, especially with a low-carb diet, it takes discipline to keep it off, so you don't yo-yo.

Old 10-26-2020, 07:37 PM

10,345 posts, read 8,557,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
He made such good progress within the first month, I would imagine he reached his goal long ago, already.

Pretty impressive. I guess the salient question would be more along the lines of: was he able to keep the weight off. When you lose weight quickly like that, especially with a low-carb diet, it takes discipline to keep it off, so you don't yo-yo.
Your right Ruth. That is definitely a question I wonder about, but also how much more they lost after the first month.

Old 06-28-2021, 02:00 AM

8,943 posts, read 11,774,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Congratulations, OP; this is very impressive! And thanks for posting that video. So, did you do the intermittent fasting, along with everything else? And you saw results in just one month?
Thanks. I have forgotten about this thread. I did really well for about a year. Then I stopped and gained back all the belly fat. Now I am at it again. Hopefully I can stick to it this time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals