Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2007, 02:38 PM

942 posts, read 2,588,746 times

Advertisements

Hey guys, yea I know I've been slacking. I think it's all this rain we are getting, it really puts me in the dumps.

I haven't done any excercising today. I did some weights yesterday but not much. On Saturday as I was notorizing something for a neighbor three doors down she says "by the way we sold our house, the closing is Monday...for 410k". I almost had a panic attack. I've had my home for sale since September reduced it to 315k and she sells HER house at 410k. My home has a bigger yard and better kept than hers. I tell you some people have all the luck or in my case BAD luck. Well they are selling to a friend, I wonder if they'll still be friends once they see mine listed for almost 100k less. So to say the least Im depressed and yesterday I must have eaten about 1/4 lb. of m&m's.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2007, 04:19 PM

12,981 posts, read 14,571,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixie Dust View Post
Hey guys, yea I know I've been slacking. I think it's all this rain we are getting, it really puts me in the dumps.

I haven't done any excercising today. I did some weights yesterday but not much. On Saturday as I was notorizing something for a neighbor three doors down she says "by the way we sold our house, the closing is Monday...for 410k". I almost had a panic attack. I've had my home for sale since September reduced it to 315k and she sells HER house at 410k. My home has a bigger yard and better kept than hers. I tell you some people have all the luck or in my case BAD luck. Well they are selling to a friend, I wonder if they'll still be friends once they see mine listed for almost 100k less. So to say the least Im depressed and yesterday I must have eaten about 1/4 lb. of m&m's.
I don't know if this is any consolation, but I kind of think selling something-ANYthing to a 'friend' is a bad idea-but when it's a house-and it's almost a half a million dollars-oh, boy, you better hope nothing, and I am talking NOTHING goes wrong in there for about 5 years or so!!! It would be just too easy to blame it on the former owners-friends or not!
O, good for you for working out over the weekend (there, that's on topic!)

Old 06-18-2007, 04:19 PM

5,453 posts, read 8,240,291 times
Pixie don't get depressed, all it takes is the right person and one is out there.

Curves at lunch, kinda half ***** I fell on the wet floor Saturday and messed up my back, but hopefully the exercise will help.

It's finally hot here also, I usually don't use the air in the car, but had to today. Looks like most of the east coast is suffering heat. Oh well its summer!

Hope everyone has a wonderful night.

Old 06-18-2007, 04:21 PM

1,226 posts, read 3,653,242 times
Pixie, I feel for you! The house market is very strange. There is a man in my village who sold his house after having it up for sale for less than a week, but there is another family just next to him that had their up for sale for almost a year but couldn't find any buyers!
And I tell you, their house is much nicer than his: nice garden with losts of trees and bushes, and it's in the end of the village so it is more isolated than his, AND it's just next to the bus stop (I would love to live there at times when I'm late in the moring).
His garden on the other hand has no trees what so ever, not even the slightest hint of a bush of some kind, and the house is just plain ugly.
So... How did that happen??

Ok, I skipped my walk today to clean up the house. I'm not done yet, still have a lot more to do (tomorrow's exercise, perhaps) and I need to get it done before friday (Midsummer festival! I'm getting some visitors and the house needs to be clean by then!)
Involved a lot of lifting and struggling with the vacuumer (it tried to fall down the stairs, but I cought up with it just in time! Whew!) and trying to get the dishes clean.

And I got another visit from my "neighbour". From now on, I am going to lock the door to my room...

Old 06-18-2007, 04:30 PM

7,136 posts, read 12,710,266 times
Pixie, I feel for you, but at least you didn't eat a whole pound of M&Ms to console yourself. The right buyer will come along and when they do it will sell. Be patient and they will come. I've been in your shoes and it all worked out fine.

Old 06-18-2007, 04:30 PM

1,226 posts, read 3,653,242 times
Oh, and by the way: bandy is like ice hockey but without the ice or the skates. Just on "land" and with normal shoes. Don't you have bandy in the US??
It's almost our national sport (It might even be the national sport, ops!) and it is one of the greatest sports to play!

Old 06-18-2007, 04:46 PM

12,981 posts, read 14,571,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweden View Post
Oh, and by the way: bandy is like ice hockey but without the ice or the skates. Just on "land" and with normal shoes. Don't you have bandy in the US??
It's almost our national sport (It might even be the national sport, ops!) and it is one of the greatest sports to play!
Maybe-what do you use for the 'puck'? We have field hockey here, maybe that's the same thing, I don't really know too much about it though! Thanks, by the way!

Old 06-18-2007, 05:05 PM

942 posts, read 2,588,746 times
Guys thanks for the input. Unfortunately I wanted to spread my dust around but with the new rep system I couldn't get some of you.

Old 06-18-2007, 05:12 PM

7,136 posts, read 12,710,266 times
No problem, I tired to give out rep points too and was told I had to spread them around in a wider path. I don't know a lot about rep points, subtitles, etc., but I'm trying to learn.

Old 06-18-2007, 05:44 PM

18,431 posts, read 34,466,587 times
30 crunches this morning and sat on a stump in the back yard...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals