Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2011, 12:45 PM
NCN NCN started this thread

21,662 posts, read 25,625,398 times

Advertisements

This morning it was the usual:
Coffee and milk
banana
2 strawberry eggo waffles

Hope I can get back later to another meal except breakfast. I will try to do better. I have weighed the same three days in a row now?? Make that four days. I will soon either be going up or down. I prefer down. Maybe I am having too much hot chocolate.

Right now I am trying to decide on sub sandwiches or eggs. Wonder which one will win? I am afraid it may be the eggs, because I will have a pancake with that. Choices, choices.

January is a difficult month for me. When I was on the WW Points diet religiously, I went 20 days in January and did not lose one ounce. Maybe I am not as active in January. I probably miscalculated some of the food is what I think.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2011, 12:48 PM

1,837 posts, read 1,961,111 times
Breakfast - Water, Green Vibrance, raw garlic.

Brunch - Small salad

Lunch - Tomato Soup

Now lets go with some tea for a while.

Old 01-10-2011, 09:28 AM

72,412 posts, read 18,199,776 times
Just had some coffee

made some tofu soup with mushroom and a few spinach slices. healthy soup for the morning.

You have a good day!

Old 01-13-2011, 11:59 AM

Izzy, because of the small number of times we post here, I think I will make this a yearly thread. I think we could use this one thread all year and I like the idea of going natural in 2011.

Breakfast as usual. Some day I am going to eat something different for breakfast, but I am not a morning person and it is good not to have to think about what I am going to eat. Banana is a necessity for me every day and eggo waffles have vitamins in them, so it is:
coffee and milk
banana

Mr. VA went to the grocery store with a list I made for him. There is still so much ice out there and I have enough trouble walking on solid ground. Today is senior citizen discount day though. It saves about 5% I think and every little bit helps.

Now I am going to go make myself beautiful before starting on dinner preparations. I like being in, but I think it is good to not neglect grooming when you do. One could end up with cabin fever. I am just enjoying the relaxation. I love being snowed in.

The lady that does my hair have been ill and my last haircut was before the trip to San Antonio. Luckily I got it cut very short at that time. She told me she will be ready to continue her business next week. I am so looking forward to getting my hair cut next week. My hair does not look good much over 2 inches long. I didn't want to be a disloyal customer though. She is the best.

Last edited by NCN; 01-13-2011 at 12:07 PM..

Old 01-14-2011, 09:14 AM

I think it's an idea to leave it on for the year. see what happens later.

I hate it when my hair gets unrully,that's really nice to see your hairdresser back. I hate going to different ones,they don't know your hair.

Having tea with some lemon.

avocado,eggs,toasted muffin and a little cream cheese. Yesterday I went to 4 meetings and ate too much!

I will see what I will add later.

Old 01-14-2011, 10:29 AM

Those meetings with food are killers for diets. I average one gathering per week that involves food or maybe more. We just keep finding eating things to do. It is just no fun to sit around other people eating and not have some yourself. Wish restaurants served more fruit. I love a good fruit salad. Vegetable salad is all right, but the fruit one is much better. I remember once I was doing a diet and went with a group to a famous eatery in Raleigh that everybody goes to. I ordered fruit salad and they were going to put cottage cheese in the middle of a circle of halved fruit. I explained that I did not like cottage cheese, so she put a square of cherry jello. The plate was yummy and everybody at the table wished they had ordered what I had ordered.

Coffee and milk
banana

Maybe I should start a new restaurant called something like "The Fruit Stand" and serve nothing but fruit in different forms. Too much work!

Old 01-14-2011, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
Those meetings with food are killers for diets. I average one gathering per week that involves food or maybe more. We just keep finding eating things to do. It is just no fun to sit around other people eating and not have some yourself. Wish restaurants served more fruit. I love a good fruit salad. Vegetable salad is all right, but the fruit one is much better. I remember once I was doing a diet and went with a group to a famous eatery in Raleigh that everybody goes to. I ordered fruit salad and they were going to put cottage cheese in the middle of a circle of halved fruit. I explained that I did not like cottage cheese, so she put a square of cherry jello. The plate was yummy and everybody at the table wished they had ordered what I had ordered.

Coffee and milk
banana

Maybe I should start a new restaurant called something like "The Fruit Stand" and serve nothing but fruit in different forms. Too much work!
Great idea! Fruit and Veggie Stand!

Very funny! all my meetings and stuff are either Thursdays and Fridays.Thursday seems to be the norm.

Old 01-25-2011, 09:07 AM

My meetings are Monday dinner, twice Tuesday at lunch, we could do supper at church every Wednesday night, but have not started that yet; senior citizen dinner once a month with killer desserts, another possible dinner is the women's dinner about once a month at church, then there is the Valentine's dinner next month at church. I forgot my husband's retirement group that meets for breakfast once a month. I have friends that want to go out to eat and we haven't even started that yet. I think the women will be a little more on the healthy side.

So I have cut down what I eat for breakfast because lunch is not far behind it and I just need basically my coffee and milk.

Coffee and milk
banana (huge)

Old 01-26-2011, 09:18 AM

Here you are NCN! keep busy with your suppers and luncheons! good for you!

I am busy with my meetings too. Chinese New Year is coming next week on the 3rd and that's a busy time

Coffee,cut a few pieces of guacamole,scrambled egg white,wheat bread.

See you!

Old 02-08-2011, 05:23 PM

Finally another successful day with my food.

Coffee and milk
whole grapefruit

Five ounces of really low fat chicken, turkey and ham slices
1 slice chicken bologna
1 slice American cheese melted in a Kaiser Roll with meat and lettuce and tomato
Sugary Pepsi to drink (12 oz. can)

Piece of dark chocolate

Coffee and milk
3 hushpuppies
1 cup turnip greens
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals