Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2013, 12:55 AM

54 posts, read 106,020 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheUmbrellaMan View Post
Yesterday I went for a jog. Covered a 5 mile distance. I will do the same thing again today.

Ate 1600 calories yesterday and planning to do the same thing today.
I was at 300 pounds, and down to 212 and headed to 165, losing a pound a day. I'm 67 years old.

You are what you eat, so what you eat has to be helping you lose weight. Research the possiblitys of herbs, spices, foods, drinks that can assist this effort. Look under Homeopathic remedies for weight loss, ton of information on the www. Lots of stuff in your kitchen that can help you.

I walk, you jog. Its the distance & firing up the metabolism that matters, because that helps burn fat. There are two ways to jog/walk and I am not sure which is best. I heard exercise before you eat & this forces your body to eat its own fat if your stomach is empty, or afterwards your body is eating what you just consumed. I walk after my three meals to get the fat burner activated.

I try to incorporate cabbage into my meals, and I eat a 90% fruit & veggie to 10% lean meats. No processed foods, no fast foods or resturant foods. Some foods like raw brocolli actually burn more calories than they contain. Cabbage contains tantric acid that prevents your body from ingesting fats in your foods. Cinnamon & cayenne pepper are fat burners, they kick your metabolism into gear.

If you can get off wheat products you can lose 30 pounds, that means that healthy wheat people tell you to eat that makes you gain weight!! Glutton free if you can. Choices might be rice & corn products. If you insist on wheat bread for breakfast, toast it once or twice until you first see smoke rise, and then pop it out of the toaster. Then lightly drizzle it with honey making back and forth little trails of the stuff, then powder it down heavily with cinnamon. Keep a glass of water handy as you ingest it to wash it down. Honey prevents hardening of the arteries.

You have to exercise & you have to change your food habits. And the battle is never going to over until you do. You can have snacks inbeteen meals, like any kind of veggie (carrots/celery) with a fat free dip, and some fruits. A sliced up "red apple" covered in cinnamon makes good snacks. Cut back on main servings and shrink that stomach. Fat-Free Yogurt W/Blue berrys is great. The little snacks fire up the fat burner, it gets very little from veggies, so it eats your fat. That is the idea.

If you get leg cramps at night, drink two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar in a 1/2 glass of water before bed. It you get leg pains from jogging, get Highlands brand of leg cramp pills. Take one under the tongue before you head out to jog. I take a few different things to expand my arterys before I exercise, this improves blood flow and oxygen to the system. You sound younger than me, but you might benefit from N.O.FURY from Walmart, for weight builders. I just take one, not the recommended three, and it is pleanty. It contains arginine & citrulline, which are power houses for muscles, especially the heart. Take it in the morning for a power boost throughout the day, makes you want to exercise!!!

OK, I told you about cabbage and cinnamon. I make a tea, heat a cup of water, add about a horse-pill size of cayenne pepper powder, a 1/4 teaspoon of Turmerick powder, 1/2 teaspoon Ginger powder, and 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon powder. Stir it up and drink. There will be a residue in the bottom which is cinnamon, discard it. This drink dilates your arteries, kicks in the metabolism, burn fats, and helps your immune system.

Drink two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar (ACV)/W glass of water before your three main meals. It binds fats and removes them from your system. The idea is to make your body eat its own fat for energy.

The very first thing when you rise, before anything else, micro 1 minute a glass of water to warm it, then add four table spoons of lemon juice, and two table spoons of honey, mix well & drink for weight loss.

Start using coconut oil for cooking. You can add two teaspoons to your morning coffee. I just take it down from the spoon & then have my morning coffee. Most healthful thing you can do. Research this stuff!! It actually increases the heat in cooking or even in your coffee! It comes in a jar and when cold looks like lard. I think it has to get up to about 70-80 to be a liquid.

I would say ACV, lemon juice, ginger, and garlic are the best things you can ingest daily. Research each of these in depth, you will be amazed at how many things they can do for the body.

Wish you well!

Last edited by shinning; 10-19-2013 at 01:22 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals