Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2012, 10:27 PM

1,341 posts, read 4,910,033 times

Advertisements

I would like to start researching communities in the PISD school district...specifically master planned ones. We would like to rent first, but later. Rental budget is about 2500. Family of 5. So 5 bedrooms. Prefer newer homes 10 years or less (just in case its house that we may want to buy after two years).

There are so many homes and the like. but I think it may be easier to know which ones are actually swim/clubhouse/walking trail communites/other ammenties so I can just short list those and see if a rental comes up in them.

Home sale prices wouldnt really matter at this point, because we are not interested in buying for now..just renting. Most of the houses that we have seen for a future purchase seem to run about 400-500k

Also any builders out there that have a quick delivery home, that hasnt sold..maybe they would consider renting out?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2012, 11:10 PM

2,346 posts, read 6,931,985 times
In Plano, Deerfield is probably the closest to what you're looking for. You'll probably have to bend a bit on the age of the house, though. The PISD parts of Richardson and Murphy have better availability with newer builds than Plano itself.

Honestly, though, the master-planned schtick is more what you'd find in Frisco or McKinney. Most of Plano was built before that was the rage. You'll find HOA pools and maybe tennis courts, but not the full smorgasbord that current master-planned communities are offering. So, if that's what you want, you might have to select a different school district.

Twin Creeks in Allen is probably one of the most highly-regarded full-blown amenity developments. Castle Hills in Lewisville ISD might be appealing as well.

Old 11-29-2012, 11:12 PM

186 posts, read 446,594 times
A newer 5 bed home in PISD in a community with all those amenities is going to cost $4000+ in rent. I've not heard of any builder renting out a brand new half million plus home. I don't want to discourage you as there are always exceptions but you may need to cut down on wish list.

Old 11-29-2012, 11:33 PM

27 posts, read 47,789 times
Look in Richardson's 75082 zip code for affordable, newer homes with PISD and you'll be pleasantly surprised. It is a great area and the best value out there for your dollar.

Old 11-29-2012, 11:33 PM

I know its a big list....but you never know until you ask! As its a wish list. I just dont want to uproot the kids more than neccessary. If we do a rental, the last thing I want is to move them to a different school..even though is the same district. It really is limiting to find a rental and them know there would be newer homes to purchase...all while staying in the same schools..such as life I guess!

I will look at twin creeks...we live in a MCP know and just love it..kids are happy, tons to do...active HOA..we are bit liberal in our thinking..I guess in the middle....will allen or castle hills be too churchlike(friends words, not mine). But then again...allen did make "the list" of best places..and I think frisco did too. LOL.

Old 11-29-2012, 11:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balooshahi View Post
Look in Richardson's 75082 zip code for affordable, newer homes with PISD and you'll be pleasantly surprised. It is a great area and the best value out there for your dollar.
Just did...hmmmmn I am pleasantly surprised..I mean there are some cute homes there..but is far out in the boonies or something?

Old 11-30-2012, 12:09 AM

2,346 posts, read 6,931,985 times
Actually, it's closer in. The surprise part is that most of Richardson was built in the 60s and 70s. This is some random unincorporated parcel that the city annexed back in the 80s(?), supposedly for no reason other than to be allowed to use the Collin County dump by having land in the county. Twenty years later, it went from scrubland to prime residential land.

Old 11-30-2012, 12:53 AM

27 posts, read 47,789 times
75082's location is better than Allen & Frisco and of course schools are better.

Old 11-30-2012, 03:21 AM

4,207 posts, read 15,266,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2gurls View Post
Just did...hmmmmn I am pleasantly surprised..I mean there are some cute homes there..but is far out in the boonies or something?
As you may have noticed, school district overlap the cities here. You could live in Wylie, Murply or Richardson and even Garland and still be zoned to Plano ISD and the same goes for all over the metroplex.

There is a stereotype about living in east Plano vs West Plano. Some people consider that anything east is "hood" which is very far from the truth. There are a lot of nice neighborhoods in Murphy such as Rolling Ridge and the Aviary but they are not quite as MasterPlanned that you seem to be looking for.

Naima

Old 11-30-2012, 05:07 AM

40,956 posts, read 49,248,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falafelosophy View Post
A newer 5 bed home in PISD in a community with all those amenities is going to cost $4000+ in rent. I've not heard of any builder renting out a brand new half million plus home. I don't want to discourage you as there are always exceptions but you may need to cut down on wish list.
Yeah, $2500 doesn't get much in todays rental market. OP it is extremely hard to find a good lease home since there is a severe shortage and prices are way up.

You are going to be disappointed with your expectations.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas