Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Dayton
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-27-2021, 07:19 AM

2,107 posts, read 5,089,364 times

Advertisements

Curiosity got the best of me when looking at a proposed development of apartments north of the Reynolds campus on the Kettering side of the Research Park. I was looking for an article on it but cannot seem to dig it up at the moment.

What I am wondering is, even though the district is in Kettering city limits, the schools seem to be in limbo. On the Kettering School Board's website, the district lists the noted parcels as being a part of Beavercreek Schools. On the Beavercreek School Board's website, the attendance boundaries do not list this area as part of the district. Per Beavercreek's documents, they don't cross the Montgomery/Greene county line until north of the Little Beaver Creek.

So, my question is, does anyone happen to know which school district covers this portion of the MV Research Park? I know Greene County's GIS Maps denote properties school district zone, but I cannot figure out Montgomery County's system, as the property in question lies there.

The total area in question is north of the east-west portion of Research Blvd., east from the Community Tissue Center, south of the Little Beavercreek and west of the Montgomery/Greene county line. The parcel supposedly under development is on the NW corner of Research Blvd/County Line Rd and Shakertown, on the Kettering side.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2021, 10:58 PM

7,082 posts, read 8,956,237 times
If I had to make a wild guess and this is all I can do I would say it’s the Mad River district.

Old 04-28-2021, 08:26 AM

2,107 posts, read 5,089,364 times
I did finally find out how to navigate the GIS map on the Montgomery County Auditor's website. Supposedly the land is designated in the tax zone for Kettering City Schools. So Kettering Schools appears to have their maps incorrectly labeled.

There is actually a portion of Riverside that goes to Beavercreek Schools that buffers Kettering CSD from Mad River Schools. It is the neighborhoods off Spinning between Mayville Drive and Little Beaver Creek. Most of the neighborhoods in the hodgepodge west of Spinning/Spaulding in the Kettering, Riverside and Dayton city limits are all Beavercreek Schools.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Dayton