Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2009, 04:59 PM

43,854 posts, read 51,184,922 times

Advertisements

I can't believe they didn't bring you some extra complimentary products for all your wait and trouble!! Well, at least they finally came........even though it was weeks since everyone else got theirs.

Old 10-27-2009, 06:58 PM

5 posts, read 8,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moved View Post
They're not that big, either. I tried some with and without spaghetti sauce. They taste better with it, without them, they're sort of tasteless. But that was my first and last experience with Schwans. Any company that takes three months to deliver an order, whether it's paid or unpaid, is lousy in my opinion. That's really poor customer service, and obviously they don't want new customers. The driver gave me a catalog, and it went right into the trash! They won't get any business from me!

Well I had bad time with them aswell order one of there pizzas and the pizza was like it had already been cut into fourths. Never again the Driver keeps coming by every other week to see if I wanted anything say no thanks maybe next week.

Old 10-27-2009, 07:02 PM

12,114 posts, read 15,002,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by viper99991 View Post
Well I had bad time with them aswell order one of there pizzas and the pizza was like it had already been cut into fourths. Never again the Driver keeps coming by every other week to see if I wanted anything say no thanks maybe next week.
Just tell them no thank you, don't keep them hanging. I told mine as soon as I lost 20 pounds he would be the first person I call. He didn't even laugh...

Old 10-27-2009, 07:15 PM

15,129 posts, read 32,326,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryB View Post
I can't believe they didn't bring you some extra complimentary products for all your wait and trouble!! Well, at least they finally came........even though it was weeks since everyone else got theirs.
The only thing complimentary was the catalog, and it promptly went into the trash. I cook for myself all the time anyway, it's much cheaper.

Old 10-27-2009, 08:55 PM

8,091 posts, read 15,435,320 times
moved got her meatballs???

Wow. Someone find the smelling salts ...

Old 10-28-2009, 07:25 AM

5 posts, read 8,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camper1 View Post
Just tell them no thank you, don't keep them hanging. I told mine as soon as I lost 20 pounds he would be the first person I call. He didn't even laugh...

No what made me more mad is when I called there Phone number they said basicly sorry and they couldn't do anything for me. The first time they came by I told them that I wouldn't be getting anything else and now they always come by so I say nothing this week. Maybe some other time. after like 5 visits they take you off there route.

Old 10-28-2009, 09:54 AM

15,129 posts, read 32,326,222 times
I think the letter that I sent to Corporate stirred the driver up to get them delivered. Interestingly enough, supposedly he only delivers in my area every other Friday, but he came on Tuesday. Plus, I got an email saying that my next delivery date would be October 30. I unsubscribed to all their emailings.

The meatballs are kind of greasy. I have to drain them on a paper towel before I can eat them. My next meatballs will be homemade.

Old 10-30-2009, 09:11 PM

625 posts, read 1,882,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryB View Post
. The food is of really good quality. I will try to order from them at least once a month.
Check out the Autumn Treat icecream. A*W*E*S*O*M*E!!!!!!!

Old 10-30-2009, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey_Mcfarren View Post
I wasn't aware of that. It makes sense though. It sounds like wonderful stuff.
I grew up on their icecream. We lived only about 50 miles from Marshall MN, where they started and still have the main plants.

Old 10-30-2009, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubbleT View Post
Mine showed up finally, but unfortunately my DD was apparently in the shower when they did, so no delivery, just a note on the door, sigh.
My next delivery date is for a day when no one is at home. Guess I'm going to have to call and see if they'll deliver to my workplace instead.
Thought about the freezer bag option, anybody done that? Wondering if the food will really stay frozen for 8-10 hours, and what about critters? I'd hate to come home and discover a stray had made off with my food.

Don't know if we're 'special' or what because the driver comes around at aprox 10 AM and again between 6-9 PM. That's good because then he catches people who work both day & eve shifts....or maybe it's 2 different drivers??? LONG day for him otherwise.

I've never ordered in the years we've lived here, but I think about 1/4 the town gets stuff regularly, even some neighbors who are among the most frugal I know....I suppose being a quite elderly couple it helps them eat decently sometimes if they're not feeling up to cooking.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff