Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2011, 01:20 PM
pvs

1,845 posts, read 3,367,912 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caladium View Post
A few summer fun questions....
3. What are the summer concerts like there? Good bands? What sort of music?
I don't know if it is what you'd really consider a "summer concert", but we went to The Wharf on Route 9 in Lewes last Saturday, and had a really enjoyable dinner while listening to two guys doing acoustic renditions of Neil Young, James Taylor, Tom Petty, etc. They were excellent!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2011, 01:42 PM

18,717 posts, read 31,102,711 times
I've heard some great music at places like that. In fact a lot of time the music is better at a small venue like that than it is at the big expensive concerts.

Speaking about concerts at stadiums or ampitheaters, how much are typical tickets?

I just paid $48 to see Huey Lewis & The News at Wolftrap here in VA. Is that typical or are concerts a little less expensive in DE (I hope I hope!)

Old 07-20-2011, 06:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdlr View Post
Ahhh...memories
I vividly remember when my husband was on a training mission there in 1961. I was trying to reach him because I went into labor with our firstborn.

It's just a training site, not active all of the time.
How often is it active?

Old 07-20-2011, 10:33 AM

9,729 posts, read 14,277,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caladium View Post
How often is it active?
Oh, I see when it's not used as a training site, it's open for use for military family members camping/RV use.
Actually, this is no big deal. Most of us never even notice it's there.
Bethany Beach Training Site

Old 07-23-2011, 03:25 PM

If you live west of Rt. 1 are you still close enough to the ocean that you can smell the salt air?

Old 07-23-2011, 03:30 PM

How do people who live in the inland communities of DE feel about the people who live in the beach communities? Is there any tension (natives vs. new residents, or maybe maybe some tensions about retirees moving in from fairly wealthy areas?)

Old 07-23-2011, 05:51 PM

1,916 posts, read 3,915,019 times
Oh yes, I can smell the salt air!

As far as inland vs. beach residents: Most people who live inland either cannot afford to move to the beach, have jobs that are not near the beach and cannot move for that reason, or have no desire to do so (even if they can afford it) because they prefer the much different lifestyle offered in inland Delaware. Many also have many generations of their family living in inland Delaware. I will say that one of the reasons is due to the fact that they want to live around native Delawareans and not "outsiders" as they may call them. More native Delawareans live inland than along the coast. Native Delawareans who live at the beach realize that they are the minority now. My husband's entire family lives in west Seaford and Blades (has for generations), and they think he's crazy for moving to the beach. They wouldn't move here even if they could. My husband was actually shunned for awhile when he left Seaford--NOT kidding. Ran off to marry that no good, beach dwelling beachliz .

I welcome people moving here from wealthy areas; they aren't out to steal my stuff, LOL!! I cannot blame people for moving here so long as they only want the best for my beautiful home state--and most do. I get along quite well with almost all newcomers, but I've met a couple here and there that just make me shake my head. Oh well, I guess that's everywhere....

Old 08-10-2011, 08:51 AM

Does Bethany get flooding? Is it a common problem in the winter, or maybe just something that happens every 2-3 years? Is it more towards the bayside, or some other specific part of town?

Old 09-09-2011, 06:17 AM

8 posts, read 32,065 times
Default Flooding

I'm also interested in this question.
To expand, what areas have chronic flooding issues.

Old 09-09-2011, 06:56 AM

Thanks for bumping this question. I've also been wondering how the beach areas fared with yesterday's rain. Here in Virginia the flooding has been extensive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware