Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2008, 06:32 PM

137 posts, read 314,002 times
from PA <<Nope. Can't say that we have. We'll have to check it out. We have been known to frequent Don Pablo's there. This one rates better than others we've been to. Thanks for thinkin" of us... >>

How is the service? The Don Pablos we used to go to in Michigan closed up. Service was terrible. Food was good, tho, when we eventually were served.

Jonalyn
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2008, 07:09 PM

699 posts, read 2,897,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanddollar View Post
from PA <<Nope. Can't say that we have. We'll have to check it out. We have been known to frequent Don Pablo's there. This one rates better than others we've been to. Thanks for thinkin" of us... >>

How is the service? The Don Pablos we used to go to in Michigan closed up. Service was terrible. Food was good, tho, when we eventually were served.

Jonalyn
Hi Jonalyn and Happy New Year. To answer your question,service is fine at Christiana. Sometimes we'll have to wait for a table but I think you can call ahead. It is loud which doesn't bother us. Food is great though.

Old 01-08-2008, 08:41 PM

405 posts, read 1,376,304 times
Ok then how about we spice it up any good Indian or Thai food places?

Old 01-09-2008, 04:50 AM

903 posts, read 3,507,987 times
This was NOT the thread to open at 6 a.m. on an empty stomach! Man, I gotta wait until 7 to eat... curses, medication needed to be taken when the "tank" is empty!

We too like good food... and hubby is from Long Island so he is VERY hard to please outside of NY! I must get a job so I can eat out more! Lunch with the ladies every month or so is just NOT enough!

Since we are near Dover, I can only speak of what I have seen or been referred to by the neighbors. There are both Indian and Thai restaurants in Dover... don't know how they rate as neither is my cup of tea. However, I would LOVE to hear about a good Irish pub... anyone know of one? St. Patrick is calling me... I'm waiting to pull out the green clothes and follow my Irish roots!

Charley... I have heard of egg cremes, but never knew what was in them. Please enlighten all of us, or at least elizamary and I!

Mary

Old 01-09-2008, 04:57 AM

19,922 posts, read 11,050,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maryCh View Post
Charley... I have heard of egg cremes, but never knew what was in them. Please enlighten all of us, or at least elizamary and I! Mary
It all starts with chocolate syrup on the bottom of the glass followed by about an ounce of milk. Then the glass is filled with seltzer. (In the old candy stores, the seltzer jet was perfect for getting just the right mix) The ingredients are stirred until there is about a half-inch of foam on top of the drink. The appearance of that head signifies that the drink has been stirred correctly. Then drink it, smile, wipe the foam from your lips ... and have another!

Charley

Old 01-09-2008, 06:23 AM

Oh Lord, Charley, keep me far, far away from that concoction! Maybe I should be glad I have never experienced an egg creme... as I am easily addicted to wonderful flavors passing my lips! Just one more thing to put on my list of things to try once in my life!

Mary

Old 01-09-2008, 03:07 PM

Quote:
This was NOT the thread to open at 6 a.m. on an empty stomach! Man, I gotta wait until 7 to eat... curses, medication needed to be taken when the "tank" is empty!

Mary
My stomach is turning just thinking about meds on an empty stomach!

Old 01-09-2008, 06:24 PM

Laural, count your blessing you're not old like me! Once you schedule your eating to coordinate your medications (which ones are to be taken with food/which without), you're done for!

Seriously though, I have/had a thyroid issue and am now on "synthetic" thyroid hormone. THAT is the med I'm referring to, most days. Then there is the Fosimax, for the bones. Gotta love being female over 40!

Back to the food... I don't see any new info in Indian or Thai... I know there are some adventurous posters here... come on folks! Our daughter is the food conniseur (sp?) in the family, but she didn't move with us. She would have checked out these cuisines by now.

Mary

Old 01-11-2008, 11:22 PM

Quote:
Laural, count your blessing you're not old like me! Once you schedule your eating to coordinate your medications (which ones are to be taken with food/which without), you're done for!

Seriously though, I have/had a thyroid issue and am now on "synthetic" thyroid hormone. THAT is the med I'm referring to, most days. Then there is the Fosimax, for the bones. Gotta love being female over 40!

Back to the food... I don't see any new info in Indian or Thai... I know there are some adventurous posters here... come on folks! Our daughter is the food conniseur (sp?) in the family, but she didn't move with us. She would have checked out these cuisines by now.

Mary
Ha, I'm over 40 too. Physically my body thinks it's 80 yrs old, I take so many medications that I'm a hit with the old timers, we sit around discussing our medications, our aches and pains, and how the doctors are trying to kill us, and oh by the way I LOVE shuffle board and checkers. LOL

Old 01-12-2008, 06:34 AM

16,199 posts, read 11,680,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laural View Post
Ha, I'm over 40 too. Physically my body thinks it's 80 yrs old, I take so many medications that I'm a hit with the old timers, we sit around discussing our medications, our aches and pains, and how the doctors are trying to kill us, and oh by the way I LOVE shuffle board and checkers. LOL
LOL..........then you must vist Southern Meadows for our table talk and checkers.
They will tell you the same thing over and over. You will be a hit at Southern Meadows.
Mary was here for Jewerly making. Right Mary!!!! A load of fun. We each made 3 pairs of earrrings for $5.
Oh and My husband has a drawer of med and I have my own
Although, I think he takes too much meds but I can only say so much.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware