Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Dental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-16-2012, 10:24 AM

20 posts, read 26,794 times

Advertisements

I got a crown on tooth 19 a month ago. Last night I was eating chili and the pain hit me right on that tooth. It throbbed lightly all night. I called a dentist and he said possible root canal. Well I am pissed because I just paid for that crown and was told I prevented a root canal. I am terrified of having tooth 19 done because had that tooth done on the other side years ago and hurt so bad I almost had a heart attack.

I have a blood pressure prob and worried about this root canal not to mention paying for another crown.

what do any of you rake to calm you for this procedure? I dont want the halcyon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2012, 02:55 AM

16,488 posts, read 24,480,822 times
It does sound like you need a root canal. Years ago I had to get a root canal in a tooth that had a crown. They just went right through the crown, they didn't take it off.

Old 11-18-2012, 09:43 AM

20 posts, read 26,794 times
I think it's tooth 19 and thats a molar, maybe a first molar. Those hurt!!

Old 11-22-2012, 12:09 PM

421 posts, read 2,534,307 times
If the crown is fine then yes the endodontist can do the root canal thru the crown. But to say that a crowns prevent teeth from future root canals is wrong, not sure who told you that one. Obviously there's a reason the crown was put on, maybe you had a large restoration on that tooth and the crown helps strengthen the tooth. But I always warn my patients that you don't have to have a root canal on a tooth to get a crown, and the opposite is the same too. You don't always have a to crown a tooth that had root canal therapy either, just depends on what's left after the root canal. I do my fair share of root canals but I won't do a root canal thru a crown, too risky and more could go wrong. Hope this helps!

Old 12-31-2012, 01:57 AM

1 posts, read 1,903 times
Tooth sensitivity is a common problem.If you feel a short sharp pain triggered by cold or hot drinks, sweet, sour or acidic foods or even while brushing, that means you are suffering from tooth sensitivity.this is not a serious problem it will be solved with some treatment.here i am going to share one site from which your get help about factors causing Tooth sensitivity and their Minimization.it will help a lot to you because my sister got same problem as you, so i also suggested her to review this site and really he is very thankful to me for helping her..

[url=http://www.healthcosmic.com/what-is-tooth-sensitivity-and-how-to-prevent-tooth-sensitivity.html]What is Tooth Sensitivity and How to Prevent Tooth Sensitivity | HealthCosmic | A Platform for Dental General Health and Beauty Consumers & Brands[/url]

Old 10-16-2022, 04:30 PM

5,712 posts, read 4,289,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kylepink View Post
I think it's tooth 19 and thats a molar, maybe a first molar. Those hurt!!

I fell asleep during a molar root canal and I was not sedated. Maybe you need a better dentist.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Dental Health