Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Dental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-25-2013, 08:46 PM

3 posts, read 12,897 times

Advertisements

When I was younger I had severe decay on my 4 top front teeth, but I'm surprised the decay didnt reach my canine teeth. I drank a lot of soda and ate a lot of candy. When I was young I had poor oral hygiene, meaning i never brushed my teeth. I also hated going to the dentist when I was little and i stopped going at the age of 8. My 4 front teeth were all rotten by the age of 11. I started seeing a dentist at age 15 and I got my teeh fixed, but I was just thinking why the decay didnt spread to my canine teeth and even low my lower front teeth. The decay was only on my 4 front teeth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2013, 08:57 PM

13,250 posts, read 42,776,455 times
Well first of all, my condolences on having parents who cared so little for the health of their child, that they fed you soda, didn't make sure you had brushed your teeth every day, and didn't take you to the dentist once you turned 8 - and then - once your front teeth turned rotten at age 11, waited four years to get you to the dentist to get them fixed. That's just reprehensible and inexcuseable.

Your front teeth were the first ones to go. Not everyone who loses teeth to decay, loses them all at the same time. Yours started with your front teeth. If you hadn't had something done about it when you were 15, it probably would've gotten worse and spread to the rest of them. It's even possible that there's already decay in your other teeth, under the gumline, but it just hasn't manifested into symptoms yet.

Take care of the teeth you have left - you won't grow another set, and implants are several thousand dollars -each.-

Old 05-25-2013, 09:04 PM

3 posts, read 12,897 times
Well my parents did take me to the dentist, but I told them I didn't want to go and I would lie that I brushed my teeh. Don't worry I got root canals on my front teeth and they're all crowned now. I take perfectly care of my teeth now by brushing twice a day and flossing and also using a fluoride rinse.

Old 05-30-2013, 09:28 AM

209 posts, read 414,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balloonss View Post
When I was younger I had severe decay on my 4 top front teeth, but I'm surprised the decay didnt reach my canine teeth. I drank a lot of soda and ate a lot of candy. When I was young I had poor oral hygiene, meaning i never brushed my teeth. I also hated going to the dentist when I was little and i stopped going at the age of 8. My 4 front teeth were all rotten by the age of 11. I started seeing a dentist at age 15 and I got my teeh fixed, but I was just thinking why the decay didnt spread to my canine teeth and even low my lower front teeth. The decay was only on my 4 front teeth.
Peace be on you.
Every time you took sip, soda directly hit the front teeth.
Soda softens the enamel for sometimes. Thus immediate brushing will do more damage.
Perhaps little soda with straw would be safer. Avoiding is better for stomach too.

Old 04-26-2014, 02:28 AM

26 posts, read 79,992 times
The reason behind the tooth decay is plaque forming on your teeth. There are many risk factor for happening this. When small food particles combine with bacteria and saliva then plaque can be build. The factor of tooth decay are diet, dry mouth, smoking and poor oral hygiene.

Old 07-03-2020, 02:21 PM

13 posts, read 5,648 times
I think when you said you drank a lot of soda, the soda's high fructose content might have been reacting a lot with the front teeth! It is possible that your enamel layer might have thinned which may lead to decay! did you try sipping cola with a straw? that should've helped with at least the teeth problems! other health problems would've still remain

Old 08-31-2020, 03:30 PM

2 posts, read 1,687 times
Default Re:

The procedure usually will last between 45 minutes and 90 minutes. During the treatment, the tooth will be surgically exposed and a special adhesive will be used to attach an [url=https://orangeinstruments.com/orthodontic/109-orthodontics-pliers-set.html]Orthodontics Pliers Set[/url] brace and chain to the dent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Dental Health