Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Dental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2013, 06:21 AM

18,949 posts, read 43,596,850 times

Advertisements

They're making my trays now, so I expect to be wearing them in a couple more weeks. My teeth aren't too bad, but I have always had a gap between my front teeth that I don't like and an overbite. Total cost will be $5800.

I do worry about a few things though, like how I'm going to drink my morning coffee without turning the trays brown, or how I'm going to go out to eat at restaurants. I suppose I'll need to keep a bottle of water and a toothbrush in the car for when I eat out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2014, 10:34 AM

130 posts, read 279,034 times
Absolutely the best thing for cleaning the trays is Polident Fresh Cleanse FOAM. It really gets all the bacteria and crap out of them. Way better than toothpaste etc. The foam is hard to get but really worth it because cleaning trays is a complete drag.

And for the record I'm still in metal and can say that metal is way less pain and way less cleaning work than having Invisalign.

Old 09-08-2014, 07:38 AM

2 posts, read 4,877 times
Default Disagree with most post on Invislign

When I went in for an evaluation and was told absolutely use invislign. It will take 13 to 15 months. It has now been 27 with no explanation as to why it has taken longer. I am still wearing them and there are still a couple that are not quite straight. I think invislign is a poor choice unless you have had braces before and just need a little adjustment. If you have never had braces before DO NOT USE THEM! First they cost more, second they don't have the control of metal braces so if a tooth is higher, lower or twisted they don't work, third the clips they glue to you teeth must be ground off. If you have a technician do it he may grind away enamel. This was done on two of my teeth. As long as you are wearing the trays you aren't aware of your bite so there is no way to know exactly how it is going until the dentist asks, "well, what do you think?" Any change from there is answered with, Oh, well that will take another 3 to 6 months to fix. I just want it to be finished and the idea that now it is my responsibility to accept what is or continue to deal with more just sucks. Dentist love invislign because they make a lot of money with them with little effort. I can't believe there are so few post here that have had no problem. This is NOT my experience unless these post have been "worked' to improve their image.

Old 09-09-2014, 12:35 PM

18,949 posts, read 43,596,850 times
I was told I'd need 32 sets of trays, but my last visit they said I may only need 29 (I'm on 26 now). I had a couple of rotated teeth and they're straight now. My only complaint is that the simulation video (ClinCheck) showed my lower from teeth moving downward more than they have, eliminating my overbite. I still have somewhat of an overbite, but Invisalign has fixed the gaps and rotated teeth. I do still have 3 more sets, so we'll see.

Old 09-30-2014, 04:01 AM

26 posts, read 108,156 times
Usually, the need of Invisalign will vary from people and their teeth issues. So, you need to fix an appointment with your orthodontist to know whether you're eligible or not.

Old 10-01-2014, 10:48 AM

506 posts, read 2,574,356 times
Invisalign definitely works, especially for simpler cases (e.g. no extractions involved). The most common complaint I hear about Invisalign from my colleagues that offer it is that towards the end of the Invisalign therapy it gets difficult to fine tune and move the teeth slightly to make it perfect so some of them will use traditional bracket and wire ortho for the last month or two to achieve what they want. For some patients though, that last little bit of fine tuning probably won't be noticed much by them. Closing a gap between the two front teeth (diastema) seems to be one of the more challenging cases sometimes.

Old 10-18-2014, 11:33 AM

1 posts, read 2,836 times
I would go with metal braces. My Invisalign experience was disappointing. I had Invisalign for two years, and the end result was a gap in the middle of my front teeth which was not there before treatment! When that happened after my last set of trays, my ortho called Invisalign to ask for more trays, and their response was that my treatment was supposed to be over months ago, and I would have to start all over as a new patient if I needed more trays! I had already shelled out $4700 for them. My ortho switched me to the metal braces for free which I have had for five months, and next Monday they will be removed! I finally got the smile I was looking forward to thanks to the metal ones!

Old 04-09-2015, 12:10 AM

10 posts, read 12,821 times
Yes, it works very well. I am also using it. It is very comfortable, made up of soft plastic instead of hard metal. It allows me to eat what ever I like.

Old 10-25-2016, 03:49 AM

3 posts, read 3,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emogirl87 View Post
I have been seeing a lot of TV Ads about invisalign saying that teens really enjoy this but does it work, does it hurt, is it worth it? Do any of you wear them?
Yes, however, given that Invisalign is a commercial product, developed and marketed directly to the public, and that the chance of morbidity is non-existent, the threshold of qualification to become an Invisalign provider has been loosely regulated. This is a complicating factor in Invisalign performance due to several issues. Firstly, the Invisalign technology has been marketed to both orthodontists and general dentists under the mistaken belief that the computer-programed Invisalign baseline is sufficiently sophisticated to produce satisfactory results in non-complex cases without significant doctor modification. This has not proven to be true. The Invisalign baseline considers only position of the dentition without reference to bone and soft tissue status and relationship, factors which greatly impact treatment planning and the sequencing of tooth movement. Secondly, the mechanics of the Invisalign system, i.e. the capacity for, and application of, force, are quite distinct from the edgewise/bracket-and-wire system; therefore, to effectively utilize Invisalign, the practitioner, whether orthodontist or general/aesthetic dentist, must make a significant educational investment in the use of this tool.

Old 10-25-2016, 07:24 AM

5,273 posts, read 14,542,099 times
Uh, Danny, you do realize this thread is 3 years old, right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Dental Health