Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Dental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2015, 06:13 PM

629 posts, read 933,827 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by toofache32 View Post
Yes my priorities. To be able to pay the salaries for my 25 office staff composed of hard working women, single moms, 2 of them are grandparents, etc. A business owner only has to take out a loan once to meet payroll before he realized how big of a deal this is, but employees never do. They just assume there is a never-ending flow of money from nowhere. I get paid last.
Don't lie, doc. I know you collected that $45 co-pay for a filling, pocketed it, and used it to pay for your shiny new boat!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2015, 09:30 PM

421 posts, read 2,534,307 times
Actually of all the specialities in medicine, dentistry probably has the largest overhead, which is why you won't see dental clinics or offices in hospitals. Some hospitals may have an oral surgery dept but not have a general dentist on staff. Most hospitals I have been to do not have a dental dept simply because the overhead is too high. And remember, medical doctors get like 2-3 hours of lecture in medical school when it comes to the oral cavity. Some ER doctors know how to give a dental injection or maybe incise or drain an infection but they are so busy with other emergencies they couldn't be bothered.

Old 10-05-2015, 05:35 AM

2 posts, read 4,118 times
Default Access to emergency dentist care

There are dental clinics dedicated to urgent dental care [quote][url] http://grossurgentdentistinbrooklyn.com //QUOTE][/url]. If you dont have any finances to cover the emergency treatment, apply for emergency Medicaid. Low or no income patients are eligible in New York and New Jersey.
If you have insurance, you will be required to pay your copays.Clinics must collect copays since non collection results in fines from insurance companies (crazy, I know).

Old 10-05-2015, 05:43 AM

2 posts, read 4,118 times
Read about how a "doctor can not waive copays" here [url=http://medicaleconomics.modernmedicine.com/medical-economics/news/modernmedicine/modern-medicine-now/waiving-copays-puts-you-risk-fraud?page=full]Waiving copays puts you at risk for fraud | Medical Economics[/url]

You are responsible to pay insurance copays if you have a dental emergency.

Insurance companies will view it as fraud if doctors waive copays. Dont blame the doctors, blame the system we chose and live in.

Old 10-05-2015, 07:51 PM

1,656 posts, read 2,781,647 times
[quote=Samahdujk;41445216]There are dental clinics dedicated to urgent dental care
Quote:
http://grossurgentdentistinbrooklyn.com //QUOTE]. If you dont have any finances to cover the emergency treatment, apply for emergency Medicaid. Low or no income patients are eligible in New York and New Jersey.
If you have insurance, you will be required to pay your copays.Clinics must collect copays since non collection results in fines from insurance companies (crazy, I know).
It's not crazy, it's what you agree to when you sign up for any insurance. The patient always has to pay something to have skin in the game. Otherwise this leads to over-utilization of services. The patient is already getting a huge discount with insurance and it's selfish to expect even more discounts.

Old 10-16-2015, 06:12 PM

7,709 posts, read 5,456,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wit-nit View Post
Here I have yet to see a dental chair in an ER hospital. ER's are not equipped to do dental work, they'll give you some aspirin and then refer you to a dentist.
It's like a motorcycle going into a Ferrari dealer for mechanical work, both are vehicles but each place is not qualified or equipped to do the others work.
I was seen years ago for a sudden eye problem and was taken to a special room for eye emergencies. The chair in there could substitute for a dental chair, in my opinion.

Old 10-16-2015, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFBayBoomer View Post
I was seen years ago for a sudden eye problem and was taken to a special room for eye emergencies. The chair in there could substitute for a dental chair, in my opinion.
Yeah but the chair does no good if they cannot find a dentist to come in and work for free. Only deadbeats show up at a hospital for dental care, because they could not afford it on the outside. If it was profitable, somebody would already be doing it.

Old 11-12-2015, 09:11 PM

350 posts, read 416,101 times
Why do you have 25 office staff for 1 dentist?

Old 11-12-2015, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by echo99 View Post
Why do you have 25 office staff for 1 dentist?
They are spread over 3 offices and there are 4 dentists in my group.

Old 12-05-2015, 01:16 PM

24 posts, read 87,384 times
[quote=toofache32;41455175]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samahdujk View Post
There are dental clinics dedicated to urgent dental care

It's not crazy, it's what you agree to when you sign up for any insurance. The patient always has to pay something to have skin in the game. Otherwise this leads to over-utilization of services. The patient is already getting a huge discount with insurance and it's selfish to expect even more discounts.
It's SELFISH to want more discounts. I'm not going to pay your insurance for you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Dental Health