Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-26-2011, 12:36 AM

11 posts, read 25,678 times

Advertisements

I currently live in Seattle and have been here for the past 20+ years and must say the weather is absolutely hard to sustain here - RAIN all year long, probably at least 300 days a year! we are definitely considering moving to Denver area soon as heard it has a great 4-season climate and a lot of sunshine throughout the year. This year was absolutely the worst you could have in Seattle and even people who didn't mind the rain before are complaning now. Can't have a normal outdoor life, parks are almost empty (wet and muddy) and so far in June 55-57 degrees (grey outlook) with couple days here and there around 70!......brrrrrr yukkkkk. Thanks for posting the zipcodes of good/bad areas in Denver, really helpful!
Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2011, 03:04 PM

6,083 posts, read 10,716,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davros View Post
How often is it 100 ? And what is the heat index on those days ?

A hot day in Seattle is worse than a hot day in Denver. A hot day in LA is worse than a hot day in Denver. A hot day in Boston is worse than a hot day in Denver. Any summer day in Dallas/Atlanta/Charlotte/Memphis/OKC/Phoenix/KC/StL/Chicago is worse than a hot day in Denver.
This is non-sense, and clearly un educated. You are trying to say Denver doesn't get hot? Hmm..you haven't been here...have you?

http://www.google.com/search?sourcei...w=1366&bih=587 Seattle

http://www.google.com/search?sourcei...SNA_en___US434 boston

http://www.google.com/search?sourcei...w=1366&bih=587 Denver

http://www.google.com/search?sourcei...w=1366&bih=587 LA

I know this is onlyu currently, but denver is atleast 10 degrees hotter then Seattle, LA, and boston right now.

Last edited by Mezter; 06-26-2011 at 03:14 PM..

Old 06-26-2011, 03:17 PM

26,231 posts, read 49,095,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainRush View Post
This is non-sense, and clearly un educated. You are trying to say Denver doesn't get hot? Hmm..you haven't been here...have you?
Hey, Davros did NOT say that it didn't get hot in Denver. He said that hot days in other cities are worse than hot days in Denver. It's the humidity thing. BTDT with many years back east. You're new here, please be less confrontational.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 06-26-2011, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
Hey, Davros did NOT say that it didn't get hot in Denver. He said that hot days in other cities are worse than hot days in Denver. It's the humidity thing. BTDT with many years back east. You're new here, please be less confrontational.
I thought this site was for debate. Oh, and I'm from Houston. I know humidity & Heat.

To Davros...I apologize for accusing you.

Old 06-26-2011, 03:45 PM

Quote:
I thought this site was for debate. Oh, and I'm from Houston. I know humidity & Heat.

To Davros...I apologize for accusing you.
We're all for DEBATE, but not INSULTS about being 'un-educated' and other such taunts. If people don't agree with something, it's best to say "that hasn't been my experience."

I'm from the east coast, I know the dog days too, all 57 miserable summers before I came here 6 years ago to enjoy the low humidity. Temps of 85 here with 13% humidity are a lot better than temps of 85 in a coastal area with 50% or higher humidity.

Old 06-26-2011, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
We're all for DEBATE, but not INSULTS about being 'un-educated' and other such taunts. If people don't agree with something, it's best to say "that hasn't been my experience."

I'm from the east coast, I know the dog days too, all 57 miserable summers before I came here 6 years ago to enjoy the low humidity. Temps of 85 here with 13% humidity are a lot better than temps of 85 in a coastal area with 50% or higher humidity.
I see this kind of stuff on other fourms, so I thought it was okay to say. When i said Un-Educated, i didn't mean he was dumb. It wasn't my intentions to insult. It was more to spark a conversation...honest. I didn't mean to insult anybody.

Back to the original posters question that i failed to awnser, I don't really think Any neighborhoods in Denver are "Bad", but i would recomend taking a short trip here to get the a little feel of what the "Bad and good" areas are based on your perception.

Old 06-26-2011, 04:07 PM

Quote:
I see this kind of stuff on other fourms, so I thought it was okay to say. When i said Un-Educated, i didn't mean he was dumb. It wasn't my intentions to insult. It was more to spark a conversation...honest. I didn't mean to insult anybody.

Back to the original posters question that i failed to awnser, I don't really think Any neighborhoods in Denver are "Bad", but i would recomend taking a short trip here to get the a little feel of what the "Bad and good" areas are based on your perception.
Thank you. Some other forums on here are a bit rough, but I try to keep these COLO forums a safe place to talk about relocating to this area.

I agree there are few bad areas of Denver, though some of the people on here with good long term knowledge have discussed a few areas that are a bit rough, but nothing like the bad areas I'm familiar with back in DC or Baltimore, or for that matter the bad news areas in Detroit, Chicago, East St Louis, etc.

Old 06-26-2011, 06:20 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,867,071 times
@OP: For weather related questions, I would suggest searching some weather websites, also this forum, which has seen numerous threads about the weather. Then come back to us with questions. It's easier to answer "I see you get 60" of snow a year. Is there snow on the ground all winter" than, describe the winters.

Old 06-26-2011, 06:51 PM

431 posts, read 1,242,394 times
There is still occasional gang violence in neighborhoods NE of downtown, like Five Points, Whittier, Cole, Skyland, Clayton and North Park Hill. Also in Montbello north of Stapleton and parts of East Colfax east of Quebec (Montclair, north of Lowry).

Those are probably your worst crime neighborhoods in Denver, specifically Five Points (the north part), Whittier and Cole east of Blake, north of 26th and west of Colorado. North Park Hill north of MLK also can be dicey. Some streets in those areas are a lot better than others, and gentrifying neighborhoods like Five Points and Whittier are changing for the better but still have a good deal of crime and violence.

The Federal & Alameda/Mississippi area (Westwood, Valverde) also is not the best, and has quite a few robberies/burglaries and occasional shootings.

The massive area of apartments in and around Glendale off Colorado east towards Monaco and Quebec also has higher crime.

Those are the main "bad areas" in Denver. Some other neighborhoods have higher property crime and used to be sketchy like Capitol Hill and Baker but are now just normal typical inner city neighborhoods and are, for the most part, pretty safe. Many people live NE of downtown without any problems but just be advised that is probably the highest crime area in Denver.

Old 06-27-2011, 03:02 PM

3,603 posts, read 5,942,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoutiqueSearch View Post
I currently live in Seattle and have been here for the past 20+ years and must say the weather is absolutely hard to sustain here - RAIN all year long, probably at least 300 days a year! we are definitely considering moving to Denver area soon as heard it has a great 4-season climate and a lot of sunshine throughout the year. This year was absolutely the worst you could have in Seattle and even people who didn't mind the rain before are complaning now. Can't have a normal outdoor life, parks are almost empty (wet and muddy) and so far in June 55-57 degrees (grey outlook) with couple days here and there around 70!......brrrrrr yukkkkk. Thanks for posting the zipcodes of good/bad areas in Denver, really helpful!
La Nina. That explains why it's been so rainy in the Pacific Northwest.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver