Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2007, 05:36 AM

385 posts, read 1,575,718 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyGlitter View Post
What do you believe are the top pros and top cons in the greater Denver area. I would love to see all the different perspectives (or if everyone agrees for that matter)

PROS:
Beautiful green grass
clean fresh air
excellent water
beautiful flowers everywhere
no bugs
cleanliness
huge blue sky
bright sunny days
mountain backdrop
nicely paved streets
overall beauty
There are many more pros...many more

CONS:
small yards with no privacy (my #1 gripe)
not as many churches as I'm use to..
suns rays are great, but very strong
I honestly miss humidity

Last edited by MaddieClaire; 09-29-2007 at 05:50 AM.. Reason: spelling correction
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2007, 08:48 AM

2,756 posts, read 12,974,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hello-world View Post
all relative. spend some time in vermont, mass., ct., ny., or much of europe, e.g., for a while and then tell me how conservative or liberal denver can be...
I said Democratic, not liberal. As for Democratic, I can only think of one republican in elected office in Denver right now, Jeanne Fatz.

Old 09-30-2007, 10:11 AM

1,267 posts, read 3,288,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tfox View Post
I said Democratic, not liberal. As for Democratic, I can only think of one republican in elected office in Denver right now, Jeanne Fatz.
yes, you did say republican. i do know of plenty of republican residents - and democrats that are basically republican in their views (though not AS republican as much of the state, so "democrat") - in denver. CERTAINLY in the denver metro. whether they are as few as "hen's teeth" is hard for me to say

i agree, denver city does lean "democratic" in the more conventional, "more liberal than center with in the US" sense, especially within the past couple election cycles.

Last edited by hello-world; 09-30-2007 at 11:09 AM..

Old 09-30-2007, 04:41 PM

26,329 posts, read 93,748,294 times
My comments in red.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarbucksLover View Post
-pro

-chain stores and starbucks everywhere. Walk down the 16th street mall and there are starbucks on every block!

Starbucks is too expensive. Buy a $75 espresso machine and get better flavor for a lot less money and a lot more convenience.

-No ghettos. None at all. Everywhere is very clean

Agree.

-We have all 4 major sports teams and soccer, lacross, and other teams too.

Agree.

Cons

-We still have a rodeo or stock show or something.

Ya, But the the beer prices are cheaper.

-too many hippies

What? I still have my ponytail suntan line on my back. Plus, bongs are cheaper here.

-to cold

Too many people that can't spell.

-traffic is kind of bad

No Way.

Old 09-30-2007, 05:41 PM

11,715 posts, read 40,446,365 times
Quote:
Cons

How is that a con?

Old 10-01-2007, 08:33 AM

2,138 posts, read 6,319,162 times
Quote:
-pro

-chain stores and starbucks everywhere. Walk down the 16th street mall and there are starbucks on every block!

-Cherry Creek is a great shopping area that is a lot like a Californian paradise

-No ghettos. None at all. Everywhere is very clean

-We have all 4 major sports teams and soccer, lacross, and other teams too.

-LoDo is such a blast. so much fun. The clubs are great, and their are a lot of MTV Real World types there.

Cons

-too many hippies

-Colfax ave is kind of scary. They need to tear down all those run down buildings and clean off the crack heads and put up more chain restaurants and stripmalls.

-to cold

-traffic is kind of bad
Great satire!

Old 10-01-2007, 01:06 PM

3,570 posts, read 3,757,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pittnurse70 View Post
I would guess TJ's has to obey the alcohol laws of the state, which would most likely mean no wine in Colorado. The liquor stores here do not sell food. My DD has been to Sunflower, thought the produce not as good as WF or even her local Safeway. I cannot corroborate.
NY is similar when it comes to Wine and Liquor. Trader Joe's opened up a store, and then adjacent to it, with a separate entrance, a Wine and Spirit store called TJ's.

Old 10-01-2007, 01:27 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,729,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roseba View Post
NY is similar when it comes to Wine and Liquor. Trader Joe's opened up a store, and then adjacent to it, with a separate entrance, a Wine and Spirit store called TJ's.
Where there's a will, there's a way!

Old 10-01-2007, 02:14 PM

11,715 posts, read 40,446,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roseba View Post
Haha reminds me about a strip club I heard about once. In California, you can't serve alcohol in a nude club. Some some place opened up a a topless side with booze and a nude side without. Ahhh, anything to skirt the spirit of the law.

Old 10-04-2007, 11:41 AM

1,267 posts, read 3,288,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EscapeCalifornia View Post
Haha reminds me about a strip club I heard about once. In California, you can't serve alcohol in a nude club. Some some place opened up a a topless side with booze and a nude side without. Ahhh, anything to skirt the spirit of the law.
... and the law of the spirits.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver