Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-19-2014, 10:51 AM

1 posts, read 1,178 times

Advertisements

I'm a 52 year old female wanting to fulfill my life time dream of moving to the most beautiful palce in the US.... Colorado. I have taken care of my elderly father and and my mother for the past 15 years. My mother and father are now both deceased and I'm ready to move to Colorado, BUT I'm so scared that I won't find a job and that I'm too old. I have nothing keeping me in Texas anymore. I don't know the areas that are the safest or what the job market is like there, rent prices, etc... Any advice or infomration any of you could give me, would be greatly appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2014, 01:04 PM

17,747 posts, read 30,013,070 times
Default Research some more

Spend 4 hours reading posts on this forum.
You will have a great idea after you finish.

Old 03-19-2014, 02:48 PM

286 posts, read 353,703 times
Dave is right. There's already oodles of threads about good safe neighborhoods, both in the city of Denver proper as well as out in the suburbs, and even farther out into the mountains available. just search "safe neighborhoods" or some related term and I'm sure tons will come up.

As for jobs, it has also been mentioned in other threads that it is truly best to have a job offer in hand when coming up here. It can take a while to find a job sometimes depending on what field you're looking in.

Old 03-19-2014, 06:52 PM

5,531 posts, read 12,734,108 times
OP, what kind of job will you be looking for? Has your full-time job been care-taking your parents? What salary range are you willing to accept?

Old 03-20-2014, 01:09 AM

556 posts, read 1,203,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kscott62 View Post
I'm a 52 year old female wanting to fulfill my life time dream of moving to the most beautiful palce in the US.... Colorado.
FYI, denver is not beautiful. It is flat and brown. Since you have no ties maybe look into moving to the mountains?

Old 03-20-2014, 08:37 AM

14,164 posts, read 27,319,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by woob View Post
FYI, denver is not beautiful. It is flat and brown. Since you have no ties maybe look into moving to the mountains?
Yeah, flat as a pancake. A hiddeous place

Old 03-21-2014, 12:10 PM

434 posts, read 1,121,719 times
What an exciting time in your life. Depending on your profession, either Denver or Colorado Springs may be a good fit - perhaps living in or near the "downtown" areas? I think Denver is beautiful - the people who can't see beyond the brown of the prairie aren't looking.

Here we are in late March and I was driving on the northeast side of the toll road I saw: the brown of the fields, the yellow of some stuff growing on the prairie, the dark green of the mountains in the west, the white of the snow capped peaks, and the amazing, gorgeous bright blue sky. I thanked my lucky stars that we took a risk and moved our family here 7 months ago.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver