Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-16-2017, 10:34 PM

123 posts, read 170,307 times

Advertisements

I'm considering a move to Denver from Sacramento. My workplace would be located in the Speer neighborhood (South of Speer Blvd, close to Broadway).

I'm a male in my 30s, single with no kids. I don't do nightlife anymore but enjoy eating out and anything to do with the arts. I'm looking for a vibrant neighborhood with mostly non-chain businesses. I walk a lot so shops and restaurants within walking distance is a must. I also have a vehicle (unfortunately) and will need a place to park it.

Would the Speer neighborhood be a good fit? Walking to work would be a huge bonus. I've also heard good things about Baker which appears to border Speer.

Lastly...price...yep, something semi-affordable would be nice. I know it's Denver but still...

A studio or 1 bed for around $1,300 or less would be ideal.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2017, 08:52 AM

11,474 posts, read 11,606,356 times
Speer and Baker would be great options. Your budget is maybe doable, but if you want to increase options, increase price a few hundred bucks.

Old 06-17-2017, 10:05 AM

618 posts, read 1,369,480 times
Moved from Davis, CA to Denver over a decade ago---I don't miss summers in the valley at all. Baker, Speer, Cap Hill and Golden Triangle would put you within a reasonable walk to your office and would offer a lot of the amenities you enjoy.

Old 06-17-2017, 12:47 PM

17,725 posts, read 29,931,694 times
Welcome to Denver.
Draw a 1/2-mile radius circle around your work location and search for places inside it.

Old 06-27-2017, 06:40 PM

Thanks for the replies. Can anyone provide more information on Speer? Is it safe? Where are the good restaurants? Is it family-orientated or more for younger singles or a mix? Is the area walkable? Does public trans come through it? Thanks.

Old 06-27-2017, 07:08 PM

29 posts, read 29,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambler21 View Post
Thanks for the replies. Can anyone provide more information on Speer? Is it safe? Where are the good restaurants? Is it family-orientated or more for younger singles or a mix? Is the area walkable? Does public trans come through it? Thanks.
It's pretty safe, traffic and parking sucks though, probably better than what you're used to though.

Broadway has tons of great resturants and pubs.

I'd say younger singles

It's a walkable area, lots of events go on down that way.

There's a lot of bus stops and the light rail isn't too far, there's a couple stations north and one east. Look up lightrail stations on your 📱!

Old 07-07-2017, 06:36 PM

2 posts, read 1,260 times
Default Hello, Rambler 21, Recommend Zuni. Off Speer

Hello Rambler 21, Did you move to Denver? I lived near Zuni, off Speer. Northwest area of Denver the best area. Zuni has new apartments and the best pizza place, esp. for your age group. Good luck!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambler21 View Post
I'm considering a move to Denver from Sacramento. My workplace would be located in the Speer neighborhood (South of Speer Blvd, close to Broadway).

I'm a male in my 30s, single with no kids. I don't do nightlife anymore but enjoy eating out and anything to do with the arts. I'm looking for a vibrant neighborhood with mostly non-chain businesses. I walk a lot so shops and restaurants within walking distance is a must. I also have a vehicle (unfortunately) and will need a place to park it.

Would the Speer neighborhood be a good fit? Walking to work would be a huge bonus. I've also heard good things about Baker which appears to border Speer.

Lastly...price...yep, something semi-affordable would be nice. I know it's Denver but still...

A studio or 1 bed for around $1,300 or less would be ideal.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions!

Old 07-17-2017, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoHannah Crutchfield View Post
Hello Rambler 21, Did you move to Denver? I lived near Zuni, off Speer. Northwest area of Denver the best area. Zuni has new apartments and the best pizza place, esp. for your age group. Good luck!!
Hi, things are still up in the air but definitely possible. Why do you feel the NW side is the best area? Zuni is quite a ways (walking) from the area of Speer & 3rd Ave. Any thoughts on the actual Speer neighborhood? What's the pizza place called? Thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
View detailed profiles of: