Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-17-2017, 11:28 AM

12 posts, read 18,510 times

Advertisements

Hi - I'm looking to bike home from work a couple times per week and I can't find any good info online regarding trails connecting Golden to Denver. I've found some trails via google maps but it would require a lot of round about biking to get home. Anyone have experience riding a bike for this 10 mile stretch and which trails did you use? Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2017, 11:36 AM

1,330 posts, read 699,419 times
Where in Golden to where in Denver?

Old 07-17-2017, 01:52 PM

401 posts, read 487,520 times
Platte River Trail which turns into Cherry Creek Regional Trail at some point in Denver to Clear Creek Trail which will take you out by Coors in Golden would be your best bet!

Old 07-17-2017, 02:56 PM

12 posts, read 18,510 times
Basically from 6th ave/Colfax to 6th ave/Sheridan area.

Old 07-17-2017, 08:24 PM

2,175 posts, read 4,301,353 times
Looking at a Lakewood bike route map, looks like you can follow a bike trail on the south side of 6th Ave service road, past the fairgrounds, north on Union, east on 8th, north on Quail, east on 12th a few blocks to Oak north, then follow the light rail trail the rest of the way to Sheridan.

I've biked the W line route, but not in about a year. It does get confusing west of Oak St., once the tracks turn south towards the fed Center. Lakewood recently put in some new signage for the bike routes around the area, but I have no idea if they are along those routes.

The map I'm looking at can be found here: Bike and Recreation Map

Old 07-17-2017, 08:57 PM

1,066 posts, read 766,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthDenverGirl View Post
Platte River Trail which turns into Cherry Creek Regional Trail at some point in Denver to Clear Creek Trail which will take you out by Coors in Golden would be your best bet!
This trail is fairly well shaded too, except the area where it approaches Hwy. 58 and begins to climb a long grade to the crossover bridge. It is a nice trail, but advise you do this early in the morning or in cooler weather. Don't forget sunscreen and lots of water.

Old 07-19-2017, 04:26 PM

63 posts, read 64,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twowilldo View Post
This trail is fairly well shaded too, except the area where it approaches Hwy. 58 and begins to climb a long grade to the crossover bridge. It is a nice trail, but advise you do this early in the morning or in cooler weather. Don't forget sunscreen and lots of water.
And you get to ride by the waste treatment plant! It's pretty nasty some days- I guess with the right combination of wind, temp, and humidity.

Anyways the Clear Creek path is too far north if OP basically just needs to go along 6th.

Old 07-19-2017, 04:39 PM

1,066 posts, read 766,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scot5 View Post
And you get to ride by the waste treatment plant! It's pretty nasty some days- I guess with the right combination of wind, temp, and humidity.

Anyways the Clear Creek path is too far north if OP basically just needs to go along 6th.
OH yeah, forgot about that place. Can be a bit... shall we say... aromatic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver