Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2021, 04:13 PM

6,385 posts, read 11,886,305 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebonytc View Post
Exactly! Some people just don’t get the mental isolation of being in a PWI when you identify as BIPOC. And honestly, even if we didn’t have a child, I prefer my surroundings to be rich in diverse cultures. Different ideologies, beliefs, values, religions etc. broadens my perspective and leads to healthy growth. Maybe it’s my NY upbringing but I wouldn’t have it any other way.
Well Aurora is for you then. Your price range is fine for some parts of Aurora. Don't listen to the nonsense you will hear from people about how small your budget is, there are townhouse and SFH options for 500k around these parts or in Central Aurora. It won't get you anything in Denver, but it's fine for Aurora.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2021, 11:33 PM

13 posts, read 9,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2bindenver View Post
I just sold a shoebox for 817k.
Ha!! Yes, we definitely have to do more research on prices. Zillow shows some really reasonable prices but again we haven’t done that much research on home prices. That is for sure our next step!

Old 08-22-2021, 11:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willy702 View Post
Well Aurora is for you then. Your price range is fine for some parts of Aurora. Don't listen to the nonsense you will hear from people about how small your budget is, there are townhouse and SFH options for 500k around these parts or in Central Aurora. It won't get you anything in Denver, but it's fine for Aurora.
Thanks Willy! I have been seeing very reasonable prices for homes in Aurora. Yes, Denver is completely out of our price range. Lots of research to do!

Old 08-23-2021, 09:11 AM

26,214 posts, read 49,044,521 times
Quote:
Thanks Willy! I have been seeing very reasonable prices for homes in Aurora. Yes, Denver is completely out of our price range. Lots of research to do!
For southeast Aurora look at post #22 in this thread. Yes, it's a ten year old posting but the basics are probably still true . . . . something to research
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 08-23-2021, 09:22 AM

8,605 posts, read 14,891,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
For southeast Aurora look at post #22 in this thread. Yes, it's a ten year old posting but the basics are probably still true . . . . something to research
They can always ping me, too. We've lived in SE Aurora for almost as long as that thread's been around (November 2011).

Old 08-23-2021, 09:40 AM

12,840 posts, read 9,567,574 times
Quote:
Thank you history nerd and vunderbar. It’s so funny how people think LA is so diverse, it’s not. California is extremely segregated. I live in the valley and I rarely see a brown person, rarely! It’s a rare sighting to see a Black person. My daughter is the only Black child in her class. It’s a small private school but out of the 120 students there are only about 5 Black children. LA is definitely not all that it seems. You have to intentionally move to a Black neighborhood or a Hispanic neighborhood etc. It truly lacks integration. I crave a neighborhood where I’m surrounded by various cultures, especially for my daughter.

I will definitely check out the neighborhoods you mentioned and the Denver School of Science and Technology sounds like perfection for my daughter! Thanks again
Uhm ok. Private schools aren't going to be diverse. If you think LA isn't diverse you're in for a rude awakening in Denver.

Old 08-23-2021, 10:44 AM

405 posts, read 394,930 times
Quote:
Thank you history nerd and vunderbar. It’s so funny how people think LA is so diverse, it’s not. California is extremely segregated. I live in the valley and I rarely see a brown person, rarely! It’s a rare sighting to see a Black person. My daughter is the only Black child in her class. It’s a small private school but out of the 120 students there are only about 5 Black children. LA is definitely not all that it seems. You have to intentionally move to a Black neighborhood or a Hispanic neighborhood etc. It truly lacks integration. I crave a neighborhood where I’m surrounded by various cultures, especially for my daughter.

I will definitely check out the neighborhoods you mentioned and the Denver School of Science and Technology sounds like perfection for my daughter! Thanks again
Surely sending her to a public school would've given her a more diverse experience then and that's without having to pay for tuition. Why splurge for the private school? And why not intentionally live in the Black or Hispanic neighborhoods then? Sounds like you intentionally avoided more diverse areas and schools yet you say that's what you crave

Old 08-23-2021, 11:08 AM

1,412 posts, read 1,084,282 times
I'm enjoying the responses that clearly cannot comprehend what OP is trying to communicate.

Old 08-23-2021, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaylord_Focker View Post
Uhm ok. Private schools aren't going to be diverse. If you think LA isn't diverse you're in for a rude awakening in Denver.
I apologize for misusing the word ‘diverse’ when I should be using ‘integrated’ You’re right LA is very diverse but it’s very segregated. I would like to be in a space that integrates the diversity an area offers. In LA, we have Black neighborhoods, Hispanic neighborhoods (intentionally using ‘Hispanic’ as these are Spanish speaking areas) etc. AND they are so far from each other. I may be asking for a lot but I’m not going to stop searching for my mini eutopia

Old 08-23-2021, 11:36 AM

8,605 posts, read 14,891,340 times
Quote:
I apologize for misusing the word ‘diverse’ when I should be using ‘integrated’ You’re right LA is very diverse but it’s very segregated. I would like to be in a space that integrates the diversity an area offers. In LA, we have Black neighborhoods, Hispanic neighborhoods (intentionally using ‘Hispanic’ as these are Spanish speaking areas) etc. AND they are so far from each other. I may be asking for a lot but I’m not going to stop searching for my mini eutopia
To that end, Colorado Springs is really well integrated, but you have to be ok living in an area that is very conservative.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver