Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Iowa > Des Moines
 [Register]
Des Moines Dallas, Guthrie, Madison, Polk, and Warren Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2017, 09:17 PM

2,401 posts, read 4,347,898 times

Advertisements

The campaign is over. A lot of the country has moved onto evaluating actual policy implementation at this point...stuff that actually matters like healthcare, blue collar worker's wages/jobs, national security, protecting the unborn, changing course in education so we don't billions of dollars on education to improve education the last 8 yrs and have zero to show for it...that kind of thing.

We all know Trump's character is less-than-stellar. That is old news at this point.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2017, 07:33 PM

3,874 posts, read 4,695,049 times
Yes, that is "old news" but what is not old is the frightening preview to his term that the first 2 weeks has given. That's "new news". Has there ever been a circus like this in any other new administration?
You really surprise me if you are comfortable with the day in day out upheaval & turmoil emanating from the administration (for heavens sake, look at the phone call with the Australian Prime Minister!) or the making nice with vladimir putin to only mention a couple of fronts.
The opinion piece in the 1st link below is from Jennifer Rubin, a Republican columnist at The Washington Post & is from last week. It's certainly telling & is food for thought as she entertains the possibilities of what's going on in his mind & posits on what may be down the road for us as a nation. Her column is called "Right Turn."
The 2nd link sums up the phone call with Australian Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull.
And I need not even supply any links regarding trump's shameful use of the National Prayer Breakfast event to brag & then badger Arnold Schwarzenegger. At a prayer breakfast, for goodness sake!
I refuse to accept all of this as an acceptable "new norm" in Washington or for our nation but I'm not one to be influenced by reality tv or fake news.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...=.85a8333b133c

http://https://www.washingtonpost.co...=.2d86dd6dbcc4

Old 02-02-2017, 10:24 PM

2,401 posts, read 4,347,898 times
Back to thread topic, Rand Paul posted on Facebook today that he suggested Trump just shut down the Dept of Education if Voss isn't confirmed. I think I mentioned earlier in the thread that may have been the plan all along.

I haven't heard the entire story about the Australian PM, but sounds like it was a cluster. Major blunder by Trump.

Finally, I'm going to just drop this here. Very interesting take from Dilbert creator, Scott Adams. I think if more people understood what was going on with Trump, there would be a whole lot less anxiety by many.

The Persuasion Filter and Immigration | Scott Adams' Blog
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Iowa > Des Moines