Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Detroit
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2011, 07:49 PM

Location: Detroit's eastside, downtown Detroit in near future!
2,053 posts, read 4,400,359 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinhiryuu View Post
i didnt mean to put fire bomibing and this into one but it crossed my mind after dri ing through grand blvd. i just didnt understand it, and didnt want to open two threads.

guess dumb people are world over, thanks.

i dont know the city and dont wanna bug ya with an extra thread ahahaha. i usally try bob evans, for that kinda stuff. i went to a chinese food next to habortown supermarket and yuck!!! so i wanted to play it safe.
well here is a heads up for next time lol

if you want a good, quick breakfast try any coney island (Zorbas, Zeffs and Detroit one are good and close to you) or other local restaurants downtown (check out the digdowntown site, they have a list of good restaurants) or if you wouldn't mind driving to the burbs try Original Houe of Pancakes (OHOP!)-There is one in GP, I believe Southfield and Birmingham as well. There is also a place in New Center that good, New Center Eatery, but they are a little expensive. And yea, that Chinese is nasty lol. Try the ones downtown or Stanleys but its kind of far (8mile & Livernois)

anything just ask
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2011, 06:06 PM

5,739 posts, read 6,946,310 times
Is this single encounter that important? There are self-important reptiles everywhere. He saw you as competition for something he wanted.
I've been flipped off for just lawfully merging into freeway traffic, etc.
Thought it was a given that the world is full of these types and they have the "freedom" to be pushy jerks if they can get away with it. It's what makes America great!

Old 04-23-2011, 06:22 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,273,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by detroitlove View Post
well here is a heads up for next time lol

if you want a good, quick breakfast try any coney island (Zorbas, Zeffs and Detroit one are good and close to you) or other local restaurants downtown (check out the digdowntown site, they have a list of good restaurants) or if you wouldn't mind driving to the burbs try Original Houe of Pancakes (OHOP!)-There is one in GP, I believe Southfield and Birmingham as well. There is also a place in New Center that good, New Center Eatery, but they are a little expensive. And yea, that Chinese is nasty lol. Try the ones downtown or Stanleys but its kind of far (8mile & Livernois)

anything just ask

The good folks on CD will do their best to guide us away from the ghetto places, even if that means driving 20 miles to the burbs to avoid places..after all it's just a pancake house, why do we have to patronize this one?

P.S

The Cracker Barrel in either Belleville or Monroe also has great hotcakes...

Old 04-23-2011, 07:16 PM

90 posts, read 200,356 times
The good greasy spoons are Russell St. Diner by Eastern Market (and the best pizza is next door at Supino's), and Janet's Lunch on Kercheval in the Park (but not too far from you in the IV). OHOP is fun for the kids too.

So far, all the chinese food that we've had here is horrible compared to the east coast. But I guess it's not fair when I am comparing to Chinatown in NYC. Everyone has been telling us the best chinese food in Detroit is in Windsor lol.

Don't worry about the jerk at the IHOP. There are enough good folks here that make up for the idiots.

Old 04-23-2011, 08:07 PM

546 posts, read 904,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by detwahDJ View Post
Is this single encounter that important? There are self-important reptiles everywhere. He saw you as competition for something he wanted.
I've been flipped off for just lawfully merging into freeway traffic, etc.
Thought it was a given that the world is full of these types and they have the "freedom" to be pushy jerks if they can get away with it. It's what makes America great!
I get stared down at least once a week for driving a Japanese car.

Old 04-23-2011, 08:18 PM

655 posts, read 2,205,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leroythelion View Post
I get stared down at least once a week for driving a Japanese car.
How do you know? Does their stare say "rice mobile" or something?

Old 04-23-2011, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slappy san View Post
How do you know? Does their stare say "rice mobile" or something?
They sneer at me from the cab of their Saudi-liquid-gold sucking monstronsities.

Old 04-24-2011, 01:22 AM

Location: Detroit's eastside, downtown Detroit in near future!
2,053 posts, read 4,400,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
The good folks on CD will do their best to guide us away from the ghetto places, even if that means driving 20 miles to the burbs to avoid places..after all it's just a pancake house, why do we have to patronize this one?

P.S

The Cracker Barrel in either Belleville or Monroe also has great hotcakes...
I'm the last person to promote the burbs, so I am far from those "good folks". OHOP isn't 20min either from where he lives, well atleast not the one in GP. Stanley's is far from downtown, far west, but its still in the city. OHOP was the only suburban place I suggested in the whole post. Besides, so if its in the city it must be ghetto? that IHOP is ghetto, but every place in the city isn't

Old 04-24-2011, 01:39 AM

655 posts, read 2,205,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leroythelion View Post
They sneer at me from the cab of their Saudi-liquid-gold sucking monstronsities.
So...it's all in your head then. Maybe they just don't like the looks of you or the color of your car.

Old 04-24-2011, 06:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slappy san View Post
So...it's all in your head then. Maybe they just don't like the looks of you or the color of your car.
My therapist tells me I am getting better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Detroit