Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Detroit
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-08-2014, 01:17 AM

263 posts, read 439,633 times

Advertisements

I lived there on the 23rd floor of Tower 100 from 1997-2002. I loved the views, somewhat self-contained community (grocery store, health club, bar, etc.), relative safety & security of the fenced & patrolled complex, plus the proximity to all the things downtown Detroit had.

I moved in 2002 out of state after realizing I was starting to take on a little too much of the Detroiter mentality -- becoming defensive over what truly was by most standard measures, a dirty, culturally bankrupt third-world city, plus being fed-up with incompetent management of the complex. I haven't been back since.

But I do have some fond memories of my time there, and am wondering if anyone else on this forum lived there during the same era, or better yet, more recently & can tell me how Riverfront Towers has changed.

The highlight of my time there was meeting fellow tenant Rosa Parks. It's probably a good thing I never met King Coleman there....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2014, 01:42 AM

427 posts, read 974,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoggieMatic View Post
I lived there on the 23rd floor of Tower 100 from 1997-2002. I loved the views, somewhat self-contained community (grocery store, health club, bar, etc.), relative safety & security of the fenced & patrolled complex, plus the proximity to all the things downtown Detroit had.

I moved in 2002 out of state after realizing I was starting to take on a little too much of the Detroiter mentality -- becoming defensive over what truly was by most standard measures, a dirty, culturally bankrupt third-world city, plus being fed-up with incompetent management of the complex. I haven't been back since.

But I do have some fond memories of my time there, and am wondering if anyone else on this forum lived there during the same era, or better yet, more recently & can tell me how Riverfront Towers has changed.

The highlight of my time there was meeting fellow tenant Rosa Parks. It's probably a good thing I never met King Coleman there....
Wow. LOL Really great comment

Old 07-08-2014, 05:14 AM

4,647 posts, read 8,630,534 times
I've never lived there, but from what I've read, they have gotten new management since then and have been working to renovate the rental units of the complex. The previous owners had foreclosed in 2011 so you've luckily missed the worst experiences of the towers.

Riverfront Towers Apartments Getting Millions in Upgrades - Renovation Watch - Curbed Detroit

Old 07-08-2014, 09:36 AM

898 posts, read 939,750 times
I have a buddy who used to live there. It was a nice place. He had a great view of the city from this apartment. That's all I really know about it though, having visited the facility only once.

Old 07-09-2014, 07:28 AM

1,648 posts, read 3,284,998 times
The complex has been completely remodeled and is now a cutting edge, high class property. Riverfront Towers

Most of the buildings' riff raff moved out circa 2002-2003, heading to the wiles of Las Vegas, LA or Atlanta leaving behind the upper crust of Detroit society.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Detroit
View detailed profiles of: