Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Detroit
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2023, 10:39 AM

171 posts, read 188,348 times

Advertisements

https://www.crainsdetroit.com/real-e...rd-storefronts

"Dan Gilbert's Detroit-based real estate company is trying to put the Cupertino, Calif.-based tech giant into the three recently-vacated retail spaces immediately north of the Shinola Hotel, according to two people familiar with the matter."

"A marketing brochure for Gilbert's Ally Detroit Center office tower downtown by Farmington Hills-based Friedman Real Estate features a map of downtown with tenants identified. In the space where Le Labo, Détroit is the New Black and Madewell were located, it says "lease out" and "confidential."

Benji Rosenzweig, a retail expert who is vice president in the Royal Oak office of brokerage house Colliers International Inc., said the term "lease out" generally means that major terms between a landlord and prospective tenant have been agreed to and that attorneys are hammering out a few small details. The term typically means that both parties anticipate a lease to be signed imminently."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2023, 06:37 PM

30,708 posts, read 79,772,406 times
Meh. I guess it is good to have something in there rather than nothing. However shopping mall stores are not what we need downtown. You need unique independent retail to make a downtown attractive. Something that makes it cooler than 12 oaks

Old 05-27-2023, 02:23 PM

171 posts, read 188,348 times
I think Apple is a big enough name to male a difference down there though. A lot of people in that area use Apple products and would benefit greatly from being able to just go to a Apple store downtown vs having to go to a far out suburb.

Old 07-02-2023, 08:27 AM

211 posts, read 119,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldjensens View Post
Meh. I guess it is good to have something in there rather than nothing. However shopping mall stores are not what we need downtown. You need unique independent retail to make a downtown attractive. Something that makes it cooler than 12 oaks
Yeah apple store is great for repairs usually.

Old 07-04-2023, 05:57 AM

2,339 posts, read 2,929,606 times
This is great news. It makes me wonder where the good people of Detroit previously bought their phones, watches, tablets, or laptops from.

Old 07-04-2023, 10:16 AM

8,409 posts, read 7,404,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by drro View Post
This is great news. It makes me wonder where the good people of Detroit previously bought their phones, watches, tablets, or laptops from.
I'm guessing that you're not from North America.

There are three Apple corporate stores in Metro Detroit, a fourth out in Ann Arbor.

iPhones, Apple Watches, iPads, etc. are all available from any cell phone store - ATT, Verizon, T-Mobile.

This, and laptops, are available from Best Buy, Target, Walmart.

Old 07-07-2023, 12:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djmilf View Post
I'm guessing that you're not from North America.

There are three Apple corporate stores in Metro Detroit, a fourth out in Ann Arbor.

iPhones, Apple Watches, iPads, etc. are all available from any cell phone store - ATT, Verizon, T-Mobile.

This, and laptops, are available from Best Buy, Target, Walmart.
I’ve been to Best Buy, Target, and Walmart and my current Macbook Air and iPads come from Amazon but those do not offer a satisfying buying experience compared to an Apple store, especially Walmart. No other place offers the feeling of a genuine Apple store. I mean what other place can you stand in line all night for a 1000$ phone? And riding your hipster bike to an Apple store in the suburbs is a dangerous undertaking with all the traffic in Detroit.

An up and coming city like Detroit deserves its own Apple store downtown. Just having an Apple store makes Detroit a much cooler place and will draw in a whole new crowd contributing to its gentrification process.

Old 07-07-2023, 06:58 AM

Quote:
I’ve been to Best Buy, Target, and Walmart and my current Macbook Air and iPads come from Amazon but those do not offer a satisfying buying experience compared to an Apple store, especially Walmart. No other place offers the feeling of a genuine Apple store. I mean what other place can you stand in line all night for a 1000$ phone? And riding your hipster bike to an Apple store in the suburbs is a dangerous undertaking with all the traffic in Detroit.
Riding one's "hipster bike an Apple store in the suburbs"?

You're definitely not familiar with Detroit...at all.

Quote:
An up and coming city like Detroit deserves its own Apple store downtown. Just having an Apple store makes Detroit a much cooler place and will draw in a whole new crowd contributing to its gentrification process.
I wish...but no. At best, an Apple store might be a slight point of interest. But no one is going to drive to downtown Detroit to simply "be" at an Apple store.

The hipsters already living downtown might ride their hipster bikes to a local Apple store, though.

Old 07-07-2023, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djmilf View Post
Riding one's "hipster bike an Apple store in the suburbs"?

You're definitely not familiar with Detroit...at all.
I don’t know what part of downtown you usually hang out but I’ve noticed many hipsters leaving downtown empty handed on bike and returning from the Apple store. Being an Apple fan myself, I took some pictures as I thought this was pretty interesting.

Old 07-07-2023, 02:21 PM

Quote:
I don’t know what part of downtown you usually hang out but I’ve noticed many hipsters leaving downtown empty handed on bike and returning from the Apple store. Being an Apple fan myself, I took some pictures as I thought this was pretty interesting.
None of those pictures are from Detroit, downtown or otherwise.

You've never actually been to Detroit. Why are you pretending otherwise?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Detroit