Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2022, 09:54 AM

10,953 posts, read 7,496,657 times

Advertisements

Try out different things and see what works for you.

Perhaps some people gain weight if they skip breakfast (maybe because they snack instead); others eat just a single meal a day and have great results.

I don't usually eat breakfast until 11 or noon, because I'm not hungry until then. Sometimes I skip it completely, and just eat a single afternoon meal.

Old 08-22-2022, 07:35 PM

3,514 posts, read 2,505,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredperry23 View Post
I am a diet-conscious person. But sometimes I get irritated with this diet. is taking diet pills ok?
What does your physician say when you ask them about taking diet pills?

Old 08-23-2022, 09:50 AM

10,953 posts, read 7,496,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredperry23 View Post
I am a diet-conscious person. But sometimes I get irritated with this diet. is taking diet pills ok?
I'm not a medical expert, I just play one on the internet...

But diet pills are usually a bad idea. They're an attempt to effortlessly undo all the bad choices you've made over years, while continuing to make bad choices.

"Diet" isn't a temporary change to lose weight, it's how you choose to eat for your health. forever.
But that doesn't mean you have to eat the same forever.

If you're bored/unhappy with your diet, change things up. Try new foods; instead of plain baked chicken, have gyros. Add a new vegetable in your salad. Skip a meal now and then.

Old 08-24-2022, 06:45 AM

3 posts, read 2,349 times
Avoid dwelling too much on your progress since this will help you lose weight and stick to your diet. Try not to think too much about your weight loss and keep yourself busy at work or with friends and family. You may become demotivated if you think about it too much since you want to start seeing results right now.

Old 02-02-2023, 08:15 AM

846 posts, read 694,506 times
Quote:
4. Follow any weight loss diet plan and nutrition.
Any? What if it's a bad one? This posts reads like it was made by ChatGPT.

Quote:
8. Don't eat junk foods.
This tip is problematic. How do you objectively define what is junk vs. what is not. Sure, you can say broccoli is healthy and cocacola isn't. But not every food is black and white. There are many foods that exist somewhere in between. Ones that can be healthy in moderation, but bad in excess. Ones that can fit into your macro and micronutritional requirements if they're not overconsumed.

Old 02-06-2023, 05:43 AM

5,470 posts, read 4,102,138 times
Closed for being a spam magnet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss