Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2022, 02:17 PM

2 posts, read 2,931 times

Advertisements

I need motivation to work out.

I have a treadmill, weights and skipping rope too.

Zero motivation.

What motivates you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2022, 03:03 PM

3,478 posts, read 2,466,364 times
Wanting to not die in pain is pretty motivating for me.

I also really love to dance, so I don't work out to a routine. I just turn the music on and start dancing.

Old 09-11-2022, 11:58 PM

2 posts, read 2,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghaati View Post
Wanting to not die in pain is pretty motivating for me.

I also really love to dance, so I don't work out to a routine. I just turn the music on and start dancing.
Okay… thanks.

Old 09-12-2022, 03:59 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,447,890 times
Losing strength. Living alone. If you don't use it you lose it inspired me.
And having a great TV right in front of me, the time flies by.
I tell my friends picture yourself needing help to get out of a chair to pee cuz
your arms are so weak, c'mon. Obviously, I'm not 30 anymore.
Same thing encouraging myself and others to stretch regularly and start slowly doing anything...
warm up first...it's like oiling an old hinge, gotta do that. PS I love my Total Gym and recumbent bike.

Old 09-12-2022, 11:59 AM

3,175 posts, read 1,042,402 times
I suffer from chronic pain. I don't want to go into details here but working out helps a lot with the pain. I just have to do it or I get stiff, can't walk, it affects my sleep etc. And I'm pretty young so...I don't want to end up an invalid. Some people do it out of desperation.

Old 09-13-2022, 10:14 AM

310 posts, read 325,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by farm fatale View Post
I suffer from chronic pain. I don't want to go into details here but working out helps a lot with the pain. I just have to do it or I get stiff, can't walk, it affects my sleep etc. And I'm pretty young so...I don't want to end up an invalid. Some people do it out of desperation.
I used to know an ex NFL player who gt beat up pretty bad. He did have a Super Bowl ring, but he also had debilitating pain that would only go away with daily workouts. He was paying for his glory days for sure - and would have to for the rest of his life.

Old 09-13-2022, 12:27 PM

3,175 posts, read 1,042,402 times
I understand. I don't know if working out helps with the body much, but it sure helps a little with the mood.

Old 09-13-2022, 12:41 PM

344 posts, read 145,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newbie34 View Post

Zero motivation.

What motivates you?
Music, im 58 and still plug away. 1 hr cardio crossfit, then I stop.
Repeat Every few days, im lean/fit

1 hr exercise lets me be fit for 75-100 hrs, then I begin decay. Ive been doing this for longtime. Im fit with 32 inch waist.

Old 09-17-2022, 04:20 PM

6,033 posts, read 6,170,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luckyme609 View Post
I used to know an ex NFL player who gt beat up pretty bad. He did have a Super Bowl ring, but he also had debilitating pain that would only go away with daily workouts. He was paying for his glory days for sure - and would have to for the rest of his life.
That being "all of them." I suspect...

Guy I knew in HS has multiple Superbowl rings. Looked him up, don't want to dox him so let's say "more than three." He's now my age (50s) and plays it cool, but I do know he lives with pain. He was one of the greats at what he did, obviously enough, and that came at a cost in his glory days of the 1990s. Good guy, though. We weren't great pals but did some business a few years ago around products he's now selling as a side hustle. Good stuff too (a homemade sweet). I know he's active but exact routine is unknown.

More on-topic, I have a minor lower back thing since who knows when. I don't know if it's muscles or spine or what, as I never really cared to find out. It gets a twinge once in awhile for no real reason, like on Thursday. Mid 2020 it was horrific, worst pain I've had for c. 3 weeks until self-corrected. Well, speaking of workouts I'm a lot lighter now vs. then. Also do two days of weights and core per week. Also a lot of running road and trails, an enjoyable substantial pastime. Daily or near-daily exercise almost certainly makes that minor lower back thing STAY minor: I stretched it out pre-race this AM, it's mostly gone (not entirely, that'll take a few more days). But there's bad, and...

...Worse.

Old 09-17-2022, 06:09 PM

29,771 posts, read 34,491,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newbie34 View Post

Zero motivation.

What motivates you?
Your workouts should be something that you enjoy, not feel like punishment. If you don't enjoy jumping rope and walking/running on the treadmill, find some kind of movement that you look forward to doing. That can be motivating.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss