Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2024, 05:17 PM

653 posts, read 781,365 times

Advertisements

So after 3 months, I’ve lost a total of 54 pounds. I now weigh 259 pounds. Today I had to buy new jeans because my old jeans are too big on me now. I’ve gone from a size 48 waist to a size 40 that I bought today!! I feel incredible. I haven’t been a size 40 since like 2006. Headed towards my goal weight and hope to be there by my 44th birthday!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2024, 07:54 PM

10,887 posts, read 7,370,074 times
Congratulations!

Old 01-02-2024, 08:36 PM

9,847 posts, read 7,712,566 times
Great work and great results!

Old 01-03-2024, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steiconi View Post
Congratulations!
Thank you!

Old 01-03-2024, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraG View Post
Great work and great results!
Thank you!

Old 01-07-2024, 04:00 PM

25,554 posts, read 17,256,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghaati View Post
The species has evolved. Humans are OMNIVORES. That means they get the greatest nutritional benefit by consuming a variety of food sources, including meat and plant.
Nah. Just means we can survive on just about anything.
Eskimos did very well and almost never ate plants.

Evolution does not happen in a couple hundred years. Adaptation does, but not evolution. I don't think we need plants at all. We just eat them as fillers.

Old 01-11-2024, 04:47 PM

30,311 posts, read 51,912,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
I would not call this a fad diet. Its pretty much what our ancestors consumed when they were hunters and gatherers. They would kill an animal and cook it and eat it. Not many side dishes back then. I do keto and like the OP I feel great on it. I lose weight, gain energy and just feel good inside. Carbs are the problem. Humans cannot process carbs well so it leads to all sorts of health problems.

And what is a normal diet? Eating foods that are bad for your body? For myself I add a few carbs so that I don't go below my target weight. You really never have to go back to your old ways.
Carbs are not evil. My doctor encourages me to eat carbs, just to choose "good carbs" whenever possible. But a healthy diet is usually a balanced one, and also one that you can sustain for LIFE. Not just to lose the weight initially.

Also, how do you define "doing keto?" So many people misuse that term now, and think it just means "low carb." It's a lot more than that, and very few actually "do keto" as it was originally defined. It's certainly not for everyone, particularly not for us diabetics. I swear, if one more person asks if that's how I lost my weight... grrrrrr.

Old 01-14-2024, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
Carbs are not evil. My doctor encourages me to eat carbs,.........
You know what?...... I am beginning to believe they actually are. Evil.
A great many doctors are coming to realize that when they scored 100% on their nutrition exams they actually got every question wrong.
Do we need carbs when meat is available?.... I can't see why we would. Have we been scammed by a government who was, in turn, scammed by the food processing industry? Sure looks like it.

Old 01-14-2024, 06:35 PM

10,887 posts, read 7,370,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
You know what?...... I am beginning to believe they actually are. Evil.
A great many doctors are coming to realize that when they scored 100% on their nutrition exams they actually got every question wrong.
Do we need carbs when meat is available?.... I can't see why we would. Have we been scammed by a government who was, in turn, scammed by the food processing industry? Sure looks like it.
I don't think the government was scammed, they are willing participants. Food subsidies go to corn and wheat, not broccoli and chicken.

Old 01-14-2024, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steiconi View Post
I don't think the government was scammed, they are willing participants. Food subsidies go to corn and wheat, not broccoli and chicken.
Maybe you're right.
I look at the new Food Pyramid and wonder just what the hell the authors of such a thing are thinking - or as you say, how much they were paid.
And hospitals! The food there goes against the thinking of ANY informed source. I spent 4 days in the hospital three years ago. I couldn't believe what I was seeing.
I'm not really a carnivore, but I come pretty close. For breakfast, I nail it. After that I kinda fall apart, but not completely; my thing is no carbohydrates of any sort until the noon meal, which for me is around 2 - 3 PM.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss