Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2024, 03:57 PM

2,407 posts, read 1,524,546 times

Advertisements

You have to admit, this is pretty slick.

I'm always amazed how some folks can always find the loophole to exploit for their own personal gain.

Quote:
Two New York City men staged armed robberies at convenience stores and fast food joints across the United States to scheme immigration benefits, federal prosecutors said Friday.

Rambhai Patel, 36, and Balwinder Singh, 39, were arrested on Dec. 13 and both charged with one count of conspiracy to commit visa fraud for their alleged plot, which allowed the “victims” of their robberies to apply for special immigration visas, Massachusetts prosecutors said.

The purpose of the staged robberies was to enable the store clerks to apply for a special “U visa” – which allows immigrants who’ve been mentally or physically abused and help prosecute criminals to stay in the country for four years.
now the immigrants are committing crimes Americans won't commit
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2024, 01:19 PM

14,246 posts, read 14,720,946 times
Over the years I have had 5 social acquaintances that went to jail. All born and bred Americans:
1. Owned a sewage disposal company and was dumbing raw sewage into rivers.
2. Owned a medical waste company and was putting the waste in 50 gallon drums and burying the drums.
3. Was selling counterfeit Stolichnya?? Vodka to small liquor stores.
4. State employee approving payments for work not done to a company his wife owned.
5. Publisher of a newspaper buy price inflated office products from a office supply company his wife owned. Never went to jail but was convicted, placed on probation, and ordered to pay restitution.
All true, blue Americans.

Old 01-26-2024, 08:47 PM

12,038 posts, read 8,403,014 times
My latest came with a new Mastercard. First time user. It arrived with a charge on it! That was before I even registered it. Had to be an inside job?

My bank recommended I pay it or it would be reported on my credit information. Never did recoup that money. Since then I've been hesitant to use them.

Old 01-31-2024, 06:26 AM

3,180 posts, read 1,654,323 times
The media is not showing the size of the covid scam operations. Inspectors that had started investigation into fraudulent covid funds saw huge number of fraudulent claims. I saw a small clip of a news investigation piece that interviewed an IRS agent and they were overwhelmed by the case load. That prompted Biden is started hiring 20k additional agents since taking office to crackdown on covid scam.

I think it will take over a decade to find and hold those accountable using all of the new money laundering rules to catch people depositing money. Including Hunter Biden who deposits thousands of deposits that are in sums of $1000 each to try to avoid getting caught. But he has to thank Janet Yellen of the Treasury dept who wanted to lower the reporting threshold to $600 for all bank transactions. So anytime a deposit or withdrawl of $600, the IRS need a report from the banks and institutions on source/recipient.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics