Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Electric Vehicles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 11:48 PM

1,982 posts, read 6,895,079 times

Advertisements

I'm in the same camp with the majority of posters here. Generally try and rent cars that I would consider in my future purchase. I visit my daughter once in a while in FL. She has her own car but I prefer to rent one and not to deal with Uber/etc. Every time I want to rent, the rate on EV's are really low and testing them is very tempting but the hassle of figuring out the charging combined with the fact that she lives in an apartment, makes me settle for a regular ICE car.
If the majority are dealing with this dilemma the same way, then rental EV's would just sit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 05:50 PM

2,109 posts, read 1,717,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
This is a perfect example of why when Hertz first started buying Teslas, I, as a Tesla owner, said it was a stupid move.

Too many people have the above knowledge base on these cars. They shouldn’t have to rent them. And if given the choice, won’t.

Hertz ditching Tesla is not an indictment of the cars themselves. They aren’t made for that business model.

We say it all the time here: EV’s are made for homeowners with overnight charging available. That’s where the insane convenience, unmatched by ICE cars, shines. It’s why I’ll still choose my Tesla for roadtrips: because 99% of the time it costs me NO TIME to refuel.

Renting doesn’t capture any of this benefit, all the negatives, and most likely a non-EV owner. It was a dumb business move.

Never been in a Tesla. But, a coworker bought one. After she had it for a while I asked her how she liked it. She said that for the first month or two she hated it as she didn't understand what it was doing at times and how to operate things. She likes the car now.

My point being that I agree with Airborne, putting a renter in an unfamiliar car in an unfamiliar city is not a good business model.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Electric Vehicles