Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2010, 04:09 PM

513 posts, read 544,399 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haaziq View Post
Talentless people annoy me. And no, it's not because I'm "jealous".
So you are the expert in being "talentless"?

I always find it funny what people get themselves twisted in a knot about.....oh well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2010, 04:20 PM

15,982 posts, read 35,333,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by raubre View Post
He can't sing. That's why girls care more about how dreamy he is.
Are you sure about that?? I don't really care for his music, but dude can sing.

I don't understand all this hate for people who are actually trying to do something useful wit their lives. Would you rather he be out selling drugs and committing crime???

I can understand the Kim K and Snookie hate, but Justin B actually works for his money and he works hard.

Old 12-24-2010, 06:35 AM

5,160 posts, read 9,196,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharleyMcGarley View Post
So you are the expert in being "talentless"?

I always find it funny what people get themselves twisted in a knot about.....oh well.
Making a single comment on an internet forum does not equate to being "twisted in a knot".

Old 12-24-2010, 02:16 PM

1,873 posts, read 4,425,617 times
Yeah I don't get it. I can see where it would get a little tiresome if you had a teen directly in your house talking non-stop about him and playing the music non-stop, but frankly... I think most people don't. It's just cool to talk crap about the latest teen idol, for some reason.

He's just the latest of a never-ending line of kids that little girls gush over. Tomorrow he'll fade away, and hopefully still pursue his music... but he won't be on top anymore. Then it'll be on to the next one. Just two or three years ago, the big thing for girls was The Jonas Brothers. In another year or two it'll be someone else.

As a die-hard New Kids On The Block fan from back in the day (and I mean die-hard), I think it's all in good fun. I think it's great that little girls have their idols to gush over. That's all part of the fun of being a girl growing up - our teen idols.

And.... if you look behind the gloss, many of them DO have talent. Look at David Cassidy and Donny Osmond. Both have been on Broadway. New Kids On The Block... Donnie Wahlberg is a successful actor today. And Jordan Knight has an amazing voice. Joey McIntyre's been on Broadway, and still has the powerhouse voice he had as the youngest member of New Kids. Justin Bieber has talent. Debbie Gibson, a female idol from back in "my day"... she wrote and sang all her own songs, and at age 40, she's still at it. And she's done Broadway. Very talented people who just happened to get caught up in the teen idol thing.

Old 12-29-2010, 08:14 AM

1,373 posts, read 3,140,345 times
I think because people are so tired of manufactured pop artists.

Old 12-29-2010, 03:07 PM

19,895 posts, read 12,415,294 times
He's annoying even for a young pop artist. He is sixteen and seems more like twelve. And it is very annoying how much exposure he gets from the mainstream. I do not want to hear about teen pop stars in the mainstream press - keep it online and on youth oriented shows. There is no way he should be so popular for what he does.

Old 01-02-2011, 03:48 PM

4,196 posts, read 6,451,585 times
He's a dweeb.

Old 01-16-2011, 09:20 PM

963 posts, read 2,419,489 times
It's bubblegum, which has never been trendy or hip, unless you're cultivating an ironic fondness for The Partridge Family.

Plus, he looks like a shih tzu.

Old 01-17-2011, 09:35 PM

6,781 posts, read 10,047,268 times
He cannot sing at all, he sounds like a girl.

Old 01-18-2011, 07:41 AM

1,189 posts, read 1,762,260 times
Because he is a d-bag.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts