Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2017, 08:56 AM

6,112 posts, read 3,921,362 times

Advertisements

It gets progressively worse with every update, especially for those who log into their accounts whenever they use it. Most of the updates are stupid, for me the constant senseless tweaks to the commenting system are infuriating. I can't believe that they allow chimpanzees to make key decisions at such a major company.

What annoys me the most is that they don't seem to be familiar with the saying, 'If it ain't broke, don't fix it'. YouTube was a great product that didn't need major alterations, but the overpaid corporate bigwigs at Google always think that they know best.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2017, 07:28 PM

545 posts, read 411,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourian View Post
The Ads don't bother me. How can such a valuable resource continue to be free? I've done lots of DIY projects by finding videos that have saved me a lot of time/money.
Some people are just cheap skates. Wait until net neutrality goes the way of the dodo. Then you'll have something to complain about!!

Old 03-30-2017, 08:08 PM

5,722 posts, read 5,798,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtuba View Post
Some people are just cheap skates. Wait until net neutrality goes the way of the dodo. Then you'll have something to complain about!!
I understand the ads I suppose however they are making money off of other people's content.

I just want the Google account integration taken out of it... it doesn't really matter I guess I made a fake google account just for Youtube it's still annoying though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanArt View Post
Youtube is just another way for uneducated people who blab their mouths about claiming they know how to download stuff off the internet. That is why Youtube is fail. Google works side by side with law enforcement. Using the Youtube money as a lure they enlist more and more people into their marketing database. It is a sure fire way to lose your Job just for freedom of speech or even have a federal investigation occur. Basically another variant of facebook but more open to the public

You could look up the census on internet traffic and see why youtube is the way it is. I have seen so much stuff on youtube that is not blocked but is rated-R. They could at least block the content so a child could not view it but still allow for downloading. That is fair enough. However they want people to watch the Advertisements. Or even show the advertisement and then block the content.
A lot of people get their news from Youtube now. The regular media news isn't trustworthy.

Old 04-20-2017, 09:44 AM

509 posts, read 484,679 times
Google took over Youtube in 2006, and YouTube had only existed for about a year before that.

So, Google has almost always owned it. Most of the changes have come in the last two years or so; it wasn't due to Google taking over so much as it has to do with Google not really developing it with the user in mind.

I do however agree that Google+ sucks royally. But I never thought the old YouTube was especially good for commenting or anything. Better than what it is now, but one would expect a much more user-friendly experience with a company like Google. Apple, they aren't.

I am a little surprised at all the comments about ads. I haven't seen an ad on YouTube in about eight years. That's what Ad Block was invented for, and it works just fine. You can get the extension for Chrome in two minutes, or use Firefox's built-in one. I never imagined so many people use the internet without one; to me the internet would be unbearable without Ad Block. I've blocked 3,217,283 ads since my last install.

And to those who say "YouTube has a right to show ads!" I say: they sure do, just as I have a right to block them. I'd like to see some outside the box thinking by internet companies on how to turn a profit without relying on shoving a million ads down the public's throat. Or 3,217,283 ads, as the case may be.

Old 06-09-2017, 03:47 PM

2,790 posts, read 1,642,818 times
An ad before playing every single video. It used to be an ad before playing every 4th or 5th video. Or ads in the middle of a long video, and you can't skip it.

It's to push people to pay for YouTube Red, I get it. It's annoying, but doesn't bother me enough to buy Red.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts