Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2019, 12:33 PM

6 posts, read 4,089 times

Advertisements

I have it and I love it. Been enjoying the Mandalorian and all the older love action movies, plus the animated shows from the 90s, like X-Men. I already own the classic animated movies so those aren't a big deal to me, but I'm sure it is great for young and new families

Already had Hulu so the bundle is definitely worthwhile for me. As a huge fan of Disney, I find this to be more value to me than Netflix.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2019, 09:02 AM

32,087 posts, read 34,681,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notnamed View Post
Definitely not a Netflix replacement.
Agreed. To be honest, I don't see much of a point in Disney+ since many parents have already purchased all the Disney movies for their kids either On Demand or on Blu Ray anyway.

I can't see many people cancelling Netflix for Disney+. Their offerings are just too different. And it's not like Netflix had much of Disney's premiere content anyway (i.e., Frozen, Brave, Lion King) that children watch over and over again.

Old 11-18-2019, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiko View Post
The point for Disney is that it is easy record keeping wise just to buy a subscription but never use it. Just like gyms do or the gift cards that are never redeemed the model depends upon it.
It will be interesting to see how this shakes out for Disney. I think most people will cancel subscriptions before the end of the trial period. If that happens, and the launch doesn't hit their internal benchmarks, will it give other content providers pause about building out their own streaming platforms? I think these new platforms can only grow so large because Netflix has already gotten a huge headstart building out its platform and brand across the globe.

Old 11-20-2019, 04:37 PM

17,548 posts, read 13,329,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milky Way Resident View Post
The Mandalorian is the only thing I really want to see.

Same here!

But no intention of subscribing or going for a 1 month trial

Old 11-20-2019, 04:43 PM

5,734 posts, read 4,689,857 times
People are funny.

It's $7.

I don't see people making threads about "Should I buy a Starbucks coffee tomorrow?"

Old 11-20-2019, 05:00 PM

17,548 posts, read 13,329,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxlrod View Post
People are funny.

It's $7.

I don't see people making threads about "Should I buy a Starbucks coffee tomorrow?"

I won't buy overpriced Starbucks either

Old 11-20-2019, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxlrod View Post
People are funny.

It's $7.

Sure, if a cup of Starbucks coffee is the only thing you're spending money on. But you do see articles like this.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/03/19/you-...-expenses.html

Disney+ is likely one of many streaming services used by many people. The question will not be "can I afford to pay $7 for a streaming service?" but instead "should I pay $7 for Disney+ on top of the $15.99 I'm paying for Netflix, on top of the $11.99 I'm paying for Hulu, on top of the $14.99 I'm paying for HBO Now, on top of the $12.99 for Amazon Prime?" There are so many streaming services that many people are likely to stick with one or two, which means that you're going to see a lot of people who don't want to add any extra costs on to their monthly bills cancelling Disney+.

The whole point of cutting the cord and going the streaming route is to save money. But by the time you subscribe to all of these new streaming services, you're almost right back to where you started.

Old 11-21-2019, 03:13 AM

3,827 posts, read 1,781,593 times
I watched a very interesting National Geographic show with only 3 episodes, that follows a pack of white wolves in the arctic, really enjoyed it. Its affordable enough to watch for a month or so.

Old 11-22-2019, 10:25 AM

2,313 posts, read 2,505,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertskipper View Post
I have it and I love it. Been enjoying the Mandalorian and all the older love action movies, plus the animated shows from the 90s, like X-Men. I already own the classic animated movies so those aren't a big deal to me, but I'm sure it is great for young and new families

Already had Hulu so the bundle is definitely worthwhile for me. As a huge fan of Disney, I find this to be more value to me than Netflix.
I don't get why people say this. Strange.

Old 11-22-2019, 11:02 AM

16,414 posts, read 12,492,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ma5cmpb View Post
I don't get why people say this. Strange.
What's difficult to understand about it? They prefer the offerings of Disney+ to Netflix. Nothing wrong with that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts