Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2024, 02:40 PM

8,586 posts, read 4,832,965 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kings Gambit View Post
Did you say that when you heard artists like Jason Aldean, Ted Nugent, Kid Rock or Morgan Wallen publicly talk about their views? Or, do you only hate it if their political views differ from yours? Quick, tell us, who are you voting for / supporting for president in 2024? I think we know.

Do you not know the history of rock?
I happen to agree, though, and it’s worse when the music itself is political. And no, I do t care if it’s a stance I agree with. I listen to music to NOT think about that stuff. Celebrities in general getting political has long been a bugaboo of mine as well. Being famous doesn’t give you some sudden divine power of being correct that the rest of us lack, you just get to project your voice a lot more forcefully. I lose respect for celebrities to get outspoken.

To that end, I’ve never shared celebrity endorsements of candidates who I was voting for.

Old 05-25-2024, 02:57 PM

27,739 posts, read 28,853,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kings Gambit View Post
Did you say that when you heard artists like Jason Aldean, Ted Nugent, Kid Rock or Morgan Wallen publicly talk about their views? Or, do you only hate it if their political views differ from yours? Quick, tell us, who are you voting for / supporting for president in 2024? I think we know.

Do you not know the history of rock?
If a musical artist expresses political views I agree with, then great. What's not to like about it? If I disagree with it, then I don't care and just ignore it.

I am a big fan of rock going back to the 1950s. Most of the songs I enjoy have nothing to do with politics, thankfully.

In any case, I don't listen to bands or artists to form my political or religious opinions. I keep a wall of separation between the messenger and the art.

Old 05-25-2024, 04:36 PM

3,986 posts, read 2,588,654 times
First, I don't claim to know how singers record other artist songs. I am 99%.Sure they don't rip off the songs. They would be sued.

Second, all those who are adamant that certain singers artists are not talented and have no business on the stage- If they are on the stage or singing the songs or acting, etc.. they belong. Do the kardashians deserve to be on the stage? For whatever reason or however they got there, YES!

As far as getting out of someone else's way and letting in the spotlight? That's not how life works as far as getting ahead. Yes, There are many more talented people, than spots in the spotlight (ha). Not fair, yeah I know.

Did you ever hear of a catchy phrase-- Life's not fair! There are many more examples of life not being fair than artists! War, prison sentences Innocent people and crimes against others that result in injuries or death!

A lighter note: If life were fair on Wheel of Fortune, if a contestant was far ahead, say $20,000 more, they would have sit out a round. Just kidding!!

I would make a terrible host, always rooting for the underdog. Can hear myself saying, oh bankrupt sorry! Just try again! I would be booted out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghobi View Post
I ...
Jlo doesn’t even sing her own songs, rips off other singers and passes their voices off as her own. She’s a terrible actress and singer in formulaic boring movies. But according to you, she’s the best actress out there whilst a minute % of trained actors work whilst the majority toil in obscurity for years because they aren’t multimillionaires like her, having 20 million to burn on a vanity project nobody’s interested in. But continue with your MOR tastes. Beyoncé probably has a better voice than Taylor but not enough to overcome her annoying songs.

Nepotism is good? Yeah, the Kardashians keep making money because they are “ talented”. Maybe privilege and wealth has little to do with talent? You must enjoy Paris Hilton’s talent, whatever that is. The reality show of the Kardashians you probably love, whatever. Continue enjoying the same handful of entertainers ad nauseum.

Yes they are getting in other peoples way. Power and wealth affords opportunities and everyone but you knows that has little to do with great deserving talent or merit. Having half a billion or a billion would seem to be enough but no, not when they can continue generating more in various industries. Trump putting his relatives in cabinet positions is a great move according to you and hurts nobody and the Varsity blues scandal and what it represents is just fine because “nepotism is great”.

I didn’t say these artists I mentioned were nepo babies, I said maybe there should be a term for people who are billionaires or half billionaires who aren’t interesting but need to make more money or feed their egos still decades after it’s not interesting, except to people like you who enjoy sameness and stagnancy. They are both bored and entitled. Troll on, though.

Last edited by Wild Flower; 05-25-2024 at 04:44 PM..

Old 05-25-2024, 09:10 PM

33,025 posts, read 36,594,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustMike77 View Post
Personally, I think it's those LEGS.
Tina Turner had great legs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts