Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2013, 09:21 AM

1,298 posts, read 1,825,362 times

Advertisements

Jessica Alba, Keanu Reeves, Brad Pitt, January Jones and Kristen Stewart.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2013, 09:46 AM

1,331 posts, read 1,989,025 times
Kristen Stewart

Old 01-14-2013, 11:35 AM

1,298 posts, read 1,825,362 times
forgot to include Will Ferrell and Steve Carrell.

Old 01-14-2013, 12:31 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,389,650 times
Tom Cruise will always be the rich kid in "Risky Business."
Brad Pitt will always be Geena Davis's boy toy in "Thelma and Louise."
Neither of them have morphed much over the years.

While not as bad, I don't think George Clooney has that much range, either ... at least range which is credible.

None of these guys can touch the likes of Kevin Kline, Kevin Spacey and other talented actors of the last 10 or 20 years.

Old 01-16-2013, 05:03 AM

26 posts, read 45,845 times
Kevin Costner

Old 01-16-2013, 06:21 AM

3,187 posts, read 5,155,879 times
Ok, I've given this a lot of thought. A lot of people mention showing emotions, etc. What you have to understand is that what is worse than showing little emotion is overracting. I can't stand an overacter. Having said that, here is my list.

Nicholas Cage-His voice is depressing, his monotone. His acting is average. He isn't the worst, but I don't see any Oscars in his near future.

Keanu Reeves-Seems like a nice guy, but he just can't act. I will be honest I've seen some movies with him in it that I liked, but not too many.

Jennifer Anniston-While I do think that she is pretty sexy. I don't care for her acting. The jury is still out though, I do think that the parts that she has played hasn't helped her. If she wants to be taken seriously, she needs to take on tougher roles outside of her cutesy/ comedy/ bull sh t.

Al Pacino-In my eyes he's done a few good movies. The godfather, Scarface, etc. But he is the most annoying overactor of all time.

Jennifer Gardner-Don't get the appeal either and I don't think that she can act.

Alot of people mentioned Adam Sandler. Many of his movies are lame, but he is more of a comic than an actor in my opinion. When he has had to act, he isn't that bad.

Kristen Stewart-I would love to say that she sucks at acting, but my gut tells me that it is more the roles that she plays that make her seem that way. She's not bad, she just takes on un-lively roles.

Jack Nicholson-When he started out he couldn't act his way out of a paper bag. He has improved the most in my opinion since his start to now. The opposite can be said for Al Pacino. Started out wonderful, now he is an annoying, overracting twit. When he speaks all I hear is blah, blah, blah, blah, blah

----Side note:---I've seen alot of movies and I like to think that I judge talent well. So some of my picks many people might not have heard of.

Drew Barrymore-Need I say more. Her, "oh god look at me I'm so sweet personality just rubs me wrong.

Tori Spelling-I don't even consider her a real actor. If daddy wasn't a producer, she would have NEVER made it in the business.

Good to great actors:

Robert Deniro-I think that he is the greatest of our time. Can do drama, action, comedy, etc. A true professional

Heath Ledger-I know he's dead, but I was very sad from his passing. I thought he had so much potential.

Nick Stahl-I know he's had a rough year, but the boy has acting chops. I've seen him in many movies, mostly small almost indie like types, but I always thought he was a good actor.

Leonardo Dicaprio-Great Actor. Probably the best for my generation. Well, we're the same age.

Matt Damon-Very good/ solid actor

Casey Affleck-Very good/ solid actor. He blew me away with his performance in the movie, "The Assassination of Jesse James. Killed that part.

Philip Seymour Hoffman-That man can act.

Daniel day louis-Great, great actor

Denzel Washington-Great actor

Ethan Hawke-Very solid actor.

Sean Penn-great actor

Old 01-16-2013, 06:36 AM

8,176 posts, read 18,547,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pigeonhole View Post
What do you think people of Ray Liotta ?
I think he's HOT and have to say I've enjoyed him in just about everything I've seen him in.

Old 01-19-2013, 02:48 PM

283 posts, read 508,554 times
The All-Time Three Worst (In no particular order):

1--Keanu Reeves
2--Keanu Reeves
3--Keanu Reeves

I have never seen the man emote, even once. He posesses All the dynamicism of a cigar store indian.
Truly a wonder how he made it big in Hollywood.

I've seen that some people listed Tom Cruise. Cruise is Olivier compared to Reeves. Remember that Cruise made us laugh in Risky Business and held his own while onscreen with one of the world's finest actors: with Dustin Hoffman in Rainman. Cruise was also pretty good as the hitman in Collateral Damage.

Some people have also mentioned Charlie Sheen. True, he can be flat at times, but his perfomrance in Platoon was great. And he cracked me up as Wild Thing in Major League.

Adam Sandler is not so much a great actor as a comedian. He's made me laugh as often as anyone in Hollywood, so I cannot put him on my list like some of you.

Jolie wins hands-down for worst female. Her and Cruise's wife, what's-her-bucket?

Old 01-20-2013, 06:00 AM

3,703 posts, read 3,781,649 times
I could agree with Keanu Reeves. That's a given. Hard to believe so many people are naming Brad Pitt though. Don't get me wrong, I am no huge fan of his by any means, but he's had some really memorable performances and I have enjoyed him in many of his films. He's certainly not the best, but the worst? Far from it

Old 01-20-2013, 11:15 AM

4,794 posts, read 12,383,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lickety_Split View Post
Cruise's wife, what's-her-bucket?
If you mean his last wife Katie Holmes, before you judge her too harshly, watch an indie movie she made a few years back called Pieces of April. She actually did a very good acting job in that IMO.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts