Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Eugene area
 [Register]
Eugene area Eugene - Springfield metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2012, 07:41 AM

6 posts, read 11,827 times

Advertisements

Hi,

My wife and I are probably going to move to Eugene by the end of august. She got a job opportunity, and things are moving a little faster than I would like. So the need of finding an apartment is pretty urgent. Anybody can suggest a nice place? I've done a lot of research, and all the apartments with high ratings could be fake, nobody can stop somebody from posting a ficticious review. I figured that I would get more truthful advice from somebody I can actually interact with.

Thank you for your help
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2012, 08:41 AM

775 posts, read 1,259,764 times
Do your homework when looking for an apartment. Eugene is a college town, so many MANY of the apartments here have and are student housing. If you can stay away from campus (Google Maps will be helpful to you here) or rent a smaller home. Homes are also rented by students in Eugene and everything is overpriced to get as many students in (and as much rent) as they can. Here is a decent looking complex in an area that would be good
Ground Floor next to Basketball Court ~ Available 8/10 ~ Pets Welcome
The are tons of scammers on CL as well. What is your budget?

Old 07-18-2012, 09:02 AM

6,464 posts, read 13,443,694 times
You should post in the Eugene Sub-forum.

Old 07-18-2012, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Copsgirl73 View Post
Do your homework when looking for an apartment. Eugene is a college town, so many MANY of the apartments here have and are student housing. If you can stay away from campus (Google Maps will be helpful to you here) or rent a smaller home. Homes are also rented by students in Eugene and everything is overpriced to get as many students in (and as much rent) as they can. Here is a decent looking complex in an area that would be good
Ground Floor next to Basketball Court ~ Available 8/10 ~ Pets Welcome
The are tons of scammers on CL as well. What is your budget?
Thank you, I looked at crescent park, also forest hill apartments seem nice, can anyone tell me about those?
Our budget is in the 900-1000 a month.

Old 07-18-2012, 10:03 PM

775 posts, read 1,259,764 times
Those are pretty good too. The area is nice at least. Close to the river, bike paths, mall. I cant tell you about the complex in detail but its not super close to UO which is a plus. That doesnt mean of course that there wont be college kids there

Old 07-23-2012, 02:01 AM

31 posts, read 58,594 times
Default Property manager

I know a great property manager who manages about 200+ properties in Eugene area. Shoot me an email and I'd be happy to share his name/number with you. charlene at loveyourproperty dot com

Old 07-23-2012, 09:08 AM

6,066 posts, read 15,052,389 times
Stay away from Applewood Apartments. When we first moved to Eugene in 2003 we rented there while we familiarized ourselves with the area. It was great at first, we saved a lot of money, but they changed owners and the managers began changing about every two or three months. When we first moved in it was mostly older retired people, it was a well-kept quiet community. Then slowly the nice quiet people began moving out and it was mostly college kids and ... I dunno... "odd" people moving in. Break-ins started happening and the whole community just started feeling very sketchy. Abandoned vehicles were being left in the parking spaces and along the street. Anyway - just wanted to warn you. We got out pretty quick. It's sad because it's in a great location and a nice neighborhood, and the floorplans - as far as apartments go - were really nice. But the new owner just doesn't seem to care at all, and they don't seem to really screen applicants at all. Anyway - just be careful.

You might consider renting a condo in the Goodpasture area. Island Lakes Condo's is one of the communities there. Also, the Heron Club Apartments seem nice. My son has a friend who lives there and they seem happy.Wood floors, two-story townhome, central air conditioning.

I also wouldn't recommend Boulders on the River. I have a girlfriend who lives there with her hubby. There are car break-ins all the time, it's right on the river bike path so it makes it easy for criminals to come and go - no gate or fence or anything. Nighttime is kinda creepy, they say, with guys in the dumpsters and people lurking around looking inside cars. Also, the rents, they say, are really high. One of my current neighbors and his wife used to rent there before they bought their home, and they said the water is weird there... they couldn't keep their water hot, it would come and go. They also said that even though they had only lived there for three months, they were charged all kinds of cleaning and move-out fees even though they were just an older retired couple with no pets or anything and they kept everything super clean.

Anyway - my impression of Eugene (we are not from here) is that it is a hard place to find a good rental housing situation. So good luck with your hunt!

Old 07-23-2012, 09:43 AM

Thank you everybody for the input, it really helps a lot. Has anybody heard about Country Club Place Apartments? they seem nice, and I believe in a good neighborhood. Any input on those?

Also I've heard about McCormick Condos from one of my wife's future co-workers, but I can't seem to find them online. Anybody knows about them? Thank you.

Old 07-23-2012, 04:34 PM

231 posts, read 779,016 times
With your budget, you could rent a 2 bdr house in south or southwest Eugene. Much better atmosphere in my biased view. Filled with the liberals that Eugene is so well known for.

Old 07-24-2012, 06:48 AM

I have another question: How is the electric bill in Eugene? I know it's a broad answer, but on average in a 2bed 2bath with only 2 people living there, how much do you pay? My wife and currwently pay around 80 bucks a month for electricity, and this is during the summer with the central AC running often. How is it there?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Eugene area