Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-16-2013, 04:01 AM

404 posts, read 712,708 times

Advertisements

Hello Everyone. I live in Austin, TX.. the so-called 'live music capital of the world'. I play metal.

There are plenty of venues to play here, but I feel that the talent pool for metal musicians is limited. It may be that way everywhere, but who knows.

Its my experience that there are many great metal musicians in Europe. Here in the states, Craigslist Music section is a great way to meet other musicians looking to collaborate. Its pretty simple.. you just post links to music/videos and see if common interest sparks. if it does, arrangements can be made. My issue is that niche genre musicians become incestuous, and the talented metal musicians in my city mostly know each other and don't work together for various reasons.

I've been to Europe. Personally I feel that the general population, while very diverse, cares very deeply for music and art. Therefore I think it would be in my interest to find collaborating websites in EU, seeking any similar musicians that may want to trade recordings and possibly meet up one day.

I play guitar, but can play bass, keyboards, program drums, and sing/scream (although not lead singer quality). I also have a project studio setup and can track. My mixing/mastering skills are not pro-level, but acceptable for demo and decent quality productions. I am classically trained and can play some Bach, Weiss and other baroque stuff. I'm learning to play Jazz guitar as well.. in the style of Joe Pass, Wes Montgomery and those great players.

As far as metal, here is a rough list of my influences:

Slayer, Skeletonwitch, Cannibal Corpse, Mercyful Fate, Bodom, Death, Kalmah, Toxic Holocaust, Dark Tranquillity, Cradle of Filth, Scar Symmetry, Ensiferum, Enslaved, Insomnium, At The Gates, Turisas, Wintersun, MoonSorrow, Norther, Mors Principium Est, Finntroll, Amon Amarth, Exodus, Maiden, Megadeth, Metallica, Pantera, Black Dhalia, Eternal Tears of Sorrow, Arch Enemy, etc.

\M/
Cheers!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe