Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2024, 08:05 PM

10,057 posts, read 18,133,625 times

Advertisements

OP, if I had to get up at 3:30 a.m. to get to the gym ... I just wouldn't go!!

I am lucky in that I have a treadmill, Bowflex, and other exercise equipment (e.g., TV with VCR, yeah an old VCR, plus lots of step aerobics tapes that I love) in the "exercise room area" of my basement. Honestly, I'd rather work out outdoors, but that's just not practical where I live (lovely but often very very cold New Hampshire).

I am very impressed with your efforts!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2024, 02:45 AM

24,776 posts, read 9,563,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Way View Post
I'm guessing that the people who go to the gym so early do so in order to get their workout in before going to their job. Yes, No?
Anyone who has ever been to a gym can tell you going to a gym in the morning, when no one is in the gym and there is no traffic on the roads and there is plenty of gym parking, is far superior to any other time.

Old 04-30-2024, 03:45 AM

4,240 posts, read 2,551,084 times
About 7 a.m. before the caffeine from the morning coffee wears off.

Old 04-30-2024, 05:52 AM

2,128 posts, read 1,473,721 times
Went in this am at 4:00. Was up at 12:45, stretched, took 2 handfuls of suppliments (to include Aleve, Tylenol and caffiene), ate breakfast, did Bible Study, took bath and washed hair, did make up, went to gym, and came home and logged on (since we are hybrid now). I will start fading into oblivion around 2 this afternoon and salivate mindlessly the rest of the day.

Old 04-30-2024, 02:08 PM

22,414 posts, read 29,548,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karen_in_nh_2012 View Post
OP, if I had to get up at 3:30 a.m. to get to the gym ... I just wouldn't go!!

I am lucky in that I have a treadmill, Bowflex, and other exercise equipment (e.g., TV with VCR, yeah an old VCR, plus lots of step aerobics tapes that I love) in the "exercise room area" of my basement. Honestly, I'd rather work out outdoors, but that's just not practical where I live (lovely but often very very cold New Hampshire).

I am very impressed with your efforts!
It does suck lol. I have a treadmill, water rower, workout bench and weights, kettle balls in my basement as well but there's no eye candy

Old 04-30-2024, 06:10 PM

10,057 posts, read 18,133,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
It does suck lol. I have a treadmill, water rower, workout bench and weights, kettle balls in my basement as well but there's no eye candy
LOL, now THAT is a great answer!

Seriously, you made me laugh out loud ... but I do hear ya.

On the other hand, I DO like not having to leave my house when it's, you know, negative 2 degrees outside, just to get to the gym, when my basement treadmill is calling me and I can listen to lots of old but great songs that I can run to. (List of songs provided on demand, although I may be the only person who would love them! )

Old 05-01-2024, 06:54 AM

9,468 posts, read 8,448,946 times
Quote:
Lol!

Old 05-11-2024, 04:51 PM

44,399 posts, read 20,125,699 times
I'm not an early morning person, and the thought of going before 8 a.m. sounds like torture. My gym is open 24/7/365, so I can go anytime, which is great. My days are not routine at all, and I work in my gym time around whatever activities or tasks demand my time. Most often, I go around 9 or 9:30 a.m., but sometimes I go at 10 or 10:30 a.m., which is really good because almost no one else is there at that time. A couple days a week I find myself squeezing my gym visit in around 2:00 or 2:30 in the afternoon. If I have such a full day that I just can't get to the gym, I'll go late in the evening, even at 10 or 11 p.m. (And I actually sleep like a baby on those nights. )

On days when I have a session with my trainer, I work around his schedule.

I work out at the gym every day for 1.25 to 1.50 hours. The last day I missed was the second week of December, when I had COVID and had to stay home for a few days even though I felt okay.

Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.

Old 05-13-2024, 02:15 PM

22,414 posts, read 29,548,164 times
So I didn't feel good this morning so I skipped it. Decided to try a totally new time-12:30. NO WAY. Not only was there 1000 people in there but it was 1000 degrees. A bunch of kids, bros, roiders and whatever else. Lasted 15 mins and left. I'll be back tomorrow at 4am!!

Old 05-13-2024, 02:19 PM

9,468 posts, read 8,448,946 times
Quote:
So I didn't feel good this morning so I skipped it. Decided to try a totally new time-12:30. NO WAY. Not only was there 1000 people in there but it was 1000 degrees. A bunch of kids, bros, roiders and whatever else. Lasted 15 mins and left. I'll be back tomorrow at 4am!!
So ironic, I did the same thing yesterday (Sunday). Normally I go right when it opens and get out of there before it gets too busy but with it being Mother's Day I had other plans. Afternoon rolls around and I wanted to workout so I went to the gym around 2pm, same exact crowd at mine and yes, the temperature in there felt a good 15 degrees warmer than the early mornings as well. Lots of teens and 20somethings and one of them was BANGING on a machine loudly because he didn't know how to release the safety latch to allow it to move as it should with full range of motion. I was actually going to help the kid out and tell him how it worked but he must have been too embarrassed and walked away in a rush.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness