Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska > Fairbanks
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2007, 01:03 PM

639 posts, read 1,916,137 times

Advertisements

I know this sounds like a strange question but I would like to know what grocery stores are there, and which ones double coupon. I know not something most people ask but it is something that I need to know and I use LOTS of coupons to help my families budget.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2007, 04:17 PM

3,774 posts, read 11,227,390 times
Fred Meyers and Carr's (Safeway owned grocery stores). I don't know of any utilizing double coupons.

Old 10-21-2007, 05:07 PM

1,677 posts, read 6,442,176 times
Wal - Mart is expanding to a super store, so should be selling groceries too.

None of the stores here seem to do the double coupon thing that I have noticed. Most do either mail out flyers or ads in the paper.

Some are saying Freds is higher priced than Safeway. Safeway is building a new store near me to replace its old one and compete with Freds better. Fred Meyers is Owned by Kroger, so is Safeway I think. How they got that one past the regulators is anyones guess.

Old 10-21-2007, 05:32 PM

3,774 posts, read 11,227,390 times
I'm not sure if there is a Costco or Sam's Club in Fairbanks, but in Anchorage, I go to the commisary and Costco and fill in with Carr's and Freddie's.

Old 10-21-2007, 05:50 PM

We do have a Sams Club in Fairbanks, and they are adding on. Not sure what the addition is for. No Costco, whish they would come up then we might get some more seleciton.

Old 10-21-2007, 07:01 PM

2,180 posts, read 5,421,143 times
Just passing by on my way to another forum, and I happened to see this thread. Then I saw the following post and had to respond:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcticthaw View Post
Wal - Mart is expanding to a super store, so should be selling groceries too.

None of the stores here seem to do the double coupon thing that I have noticed. Most do either mail out flyers or ads in the paper.

Some are saying Freds is higher priced than Safeway. Safeway is building a new store near me to replace its old one and compete with Freds better. Fred Meyers is Owned by Kroger, so is Safeway I think. How they got that one past the regulators is anyones guess.
Uh, nooooo - Kroger does not own Safeway. Since I live in the Cincinnati metro area (where Kroger is headquartered), something like that would have been MAJOR news around here.

Old 10-21-2007, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCRob View Post
Just passing by on my way to another forum, and I happened to see this thread. Then I saw the following post and had to respond:

Uh, nooooo - Kroger does not own Safeway. Since I live in the Cincinnati metro area (where Kroger is headquartered), something like that would have been MAJOR news around here.
Well Obviously I am mistaken, I trie dto find something on it but didn't.

So then why has the Kroger van been seen behind Safeway at night? They are right across the street from Fred Meyers?

Old 10-21-2007, 10:25 PM

1,396 posts, read 3,442,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcticthaw View Post
So then why has the Kroger van been seen behind Safeway at night? They are right across the street from Fred Meyers?
What happens in a van, stays in a van!

Old 10-22-2007, 06:24 AM

639 posts, read 1,916,137 times
I was just looking at the Safeway grocery store sale paper in Fairbanks. Either they have one heck of a sale going on or things aren't as expensive as I thought they would be.
I see a gallon of milk for $3.99 here a gallon of milk runs from $4.89-$6.00 at the Super Walmart or local grocery store. Bread 2-$4 there bread here $1.19 per loaf.

So are these normal prices for Fairbanks or is this a super sale?

Old 10-22-2007, 10:56 AM

5,476 posts, read 12,243,697 times
I've personally found Freds to be cheaper in alot of stuff than Safeway in Juneau. At least it seems that way to me. Maybe I'm just looking at those "temporary reduction" stickers. I am wondering what sort of pricing influence the newe Wal*Mart will have on the existing stores, if any.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska > Fairbanks